Windows 10: How to disable audio devices from the cmd

Discus and support How to disable audio devices from the cmd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone this has me stumped and i have been searching the internet for a answer. i need to disable a audio device with a batch file, is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DamionHendricks, Sep 19, 2018.

1. How to disable audio devices from the cmd

Hi everyone

this has me stumped and i have been searching the internet for a answer.

i need to disable a audio device with a batch file, is that possible?

have been using Nircmd but not doing what i want. (it only lets you set the default sound device)

thanks

:)

DamionHendricks, Sep 19, 2018

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 19, 2018
  4. How to disable audio devices from the cmd

Disable audio device on ATI Radeon 4850 (Asus EAH4850)

Thanks for the suggestion! But sadly this doesn't work.

I already tried that and I still get the odd crash. I'm pretty sure it's because of the underlying IRQ conflict.

Back in the good old days you used to be able to disable VGA IRQs in the BIOS, no such setting any more.

If ATI/AMD just gave you the option to turn HDMI off the problem would go away *Frown How to disable audio devices from the cmd :(

RebornOnline, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

How to disable audio devices from the cmd

1. How to disable audio devices from the cmd - Similar Threads - disable audio devices

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  4. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to disable access of an app to audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable access of an app to audio device: is there any way to prevent a certain app or game to access to audio device on windows 10? i am not talking about mute. maybe same like disabling access of microphone in privacy settings or changing parameters in registery....
  6. How to disable access of an app to audio device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable access of an app to audio device: is there any way to prevent a certain app or game to access to audio device on windows 10? i am not talking about mute. maybe same like disabling access of microphone in privacy settings or changing parameters in registery....
  7. How to disable access of an app to audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Audio device is disabled by the system

Audio device is disabled by the system: Here's the thing.First of all, I get a lot of BSODs related to somewhat incompatible RAM etc.My audio suddenly stopped working, I'm certain that if I restarted the PC the audio would normally return. Instead though, I attempted to run the sound problems troubleshooter. Upon...
  9. How to disable a device from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable a device from device manager: Hi I was wondering if there's any way to hide and disable or delete altogether a device from showing up in device manager. Maybe a registry hack? submitted by /u/xdrdaniel [link] [comments]...
  10. Audio devices disabled

Audio devices disabled: Both my input and output audio devices state they are "disabled". How can I enable them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-devices-disabled/a330f85c-6237-4e59-b3d7-b9e16077f8a1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd disable audio

2. disable audio devices

3. disable audio enhancements cmd

4. batch file disable sound device,
  5. windows cmd see active audio device,
  6. deactivate sound device cmd,
  7. disable audio devices windows 10 batch file,
  8. disable audio device,
  9. how to disable audio devices,
  10. how to disable a device with a batch file,
  11. disable audio cmd,