Windows 10: How to disable ‘Auto backup your files to OneDrive’ notification in Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable ‘Auto backup your files to OneDrive’ notification in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]OneDrive offers Auto Backup files feature, and it doesn’t easily go off unless you set it up. If you keep skipping it, it will reappear […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable ‘Auto backup your files to OneDrive’ notification in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. How to disable ‘Auto backup your files to OneDrive’ notification in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable ‘Auto backup

2. How to turn of the notification on "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of the notification on "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your...: Hi there,As we are not using the OneDrive backup, we receive this pops up notification now and then - "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your Desktop, Documents, and Pictures to OneDrive so you can keep them protected and access them from anywhere.".See below.How to...
  3. How to turn of the notification on "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn of the notification on "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your...: Hi there,As we are not using the OneDrive backup, we receive this pops up notification now and then - "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your Desktop, Documents, and Pictures to OneDrive so you can keep them protected and access them from anywhere.".See below.How to...
  4. How to turn of the notification on "Turn on Windows Backup. Automatically save your...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive: I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all uploaded, and of course there isn't enough storage without purchasing more. I already have cloud backup, and I don't want to...
  6. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive: I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all uploaded, and of course there isn't enough storage without purchasing more. I already have cloud backup, and I don't want to...
  7. File Backup to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Backup to Onedrive: I see Windows has backup to Onedrive, but I don't see a scheduler. Is there a built in scheduler for Windows Backup? Thanks, Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-backup-to-onedrive/6023d0f3-2678-4b7b-a10f-af70ed7ad592
  8. How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?: I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder within the documents folder that is taking up a lot of my OneDrive space. Is there any way to turn off sync for this specific...
  9. Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive: I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!! I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of photos I have on this new PC. The fixes provided by the MS online help have caused me to sit with a FULL one drive, and 100% of...
  10. How to Disable Sound Notification in OneDrive (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable Sound Notification in OneDrive (Windows 10): Hello. I have OneDrive installed in my Windows 10 Dell computer. When I press f12 to save a screenshot, I get a sound effect and the notification message on the bottom right side of the screen Screenshot Saved: the screenshot was added to your OneDrive I want to...