Windows 10: How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

Discus and support How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frost Astra, Nov 30, 2023.

1. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling it as far as I am aware. So is there a option hidden somewhere or am I stuck with this?

:)

Frost Astra, Nov 30, 2023
  2. mrgeek Win User

20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login

devnull;2184966-So, I disabled the indicated setting, "Require a password when a computer wakes (plugged in)", in gpedit.msc, and now Sign-in options looks like this:

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz 324773d1616811415t-20h2-netplwiz-no-longer-has-auto-login-image.png

But netplwiz has _not_ changed; the problem remains.Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

My Accounts settings page shows the 'Requires Windows Hello' option which yours does not. I looked at my netplwiz and also did not have "Users Must Enter a User Name and Password to Use This Computer” checkbox. When I un-checked the Hello option (I do use Hello PIN) as in screenshot, "Users Must Enter a User Name and Password to Use This Computer” checkbox now appears in netplwiz. Why Hello option is not there may be due to your 'gpedit.msc' but that seems to explain why checkbox is missing in netplwiz. Re-enable password option in gpedit.msc and see if you can duplicate my 'Hello' option section. Good Luck

mrgeek, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz 302776d1603255957t-20h2-netplwiz-no-longer-has-auto-login-image.png

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz 302777d1603256033t-20h2-netplwiz-no-longer-has-auto-login-image.png

thomaseg1, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

1. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz - Similar Threads - disable auto login

2. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable auto login: Hi,How do we disable the feature that makes windows 11 automatically log into the previous account on restart.90% of the computers in our office are Windows 10. When we hit restart on these machines they reboot and go straight back to the login screen with all the accounts to...
  4. netplwiz doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    netplwiz doesn't work: Try to eliminate the sign in on window 10. But unchecking "users must enter name and password to use this computer" doesn't work in netplwiz for me. Can you help?"Nash"...
  5. Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz: I have two Win10 OS drives on my machine: an upgrade version: Win7 to Win10 1909 to Win10 2004 on a SATA SSDfresh install of Win10 21H1 on a virgin NVMe netplwiz in the upgraded version shows the "must enter password" checkbox whilst the new install does not: I've perused the...
  6. 20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login

20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login: Just updated to 20H2 on a new build and when I ran Netplwiz there is no option for auto login. There is no option to turn on/off Hello anymore either. Any idea if we will still be able to auto login anymore? 166791
  7. Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuxify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8lany/disabling_login_via_netplwiz_not_working/
  8. How to disable Auto Login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  9. Can't DISABLE auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't DISABLE auto login: My Microsoft login automatically logins in on 3 computers, including one that I just bought. I have never enabled auto login for the user on any computer, so I don't know why it is doing this, and I especially don't know why it starts doing on any new computer that the user...
  10. How do I disable auto-login on W10

How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...