Windows 10: How to disable Auto Login?

Discus and support How to disable Auto Login? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chillxdd, Nov 27, 2019.

1. How to disable Auto Login?

So I have two accounts on my laptop:

1. Administrator (no password)
    2. Work Account (password-protected)

How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in automatically the next time. I don't want that because I usually start my day with my work account then switch to my Admin account after working.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/chillxdd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chillxdd, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

How do I disable auto-login on W10

Method two, step five: if it shows you how to enable auto login, then you also know how to disable it. This might help you but you gotta read. Sometimes, a guide that shows the opposite of what you want can still help you.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

How to disable Auto Login?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Auto Login?

1. How to disable Auto Login? - Similar Threads - disable Auto Login

2. How to setup auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup auto login?: Hello, I've tried adjusting the registry and changing the sign in options to never require a password to log in. But in netplwiz I can't get the check box "user must better a user name and password to use this computer" to pop up. I only have one admin account logged created...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable auto login: Hi,How do we disable the feature that makes windows 11 automatically log into the previous account on restart.90% of the computers in our office are Windows 10. When we hit restart on these machines they reboot and go straight back to the login screen with all the accounts to...
  4. Windows 11 - Disable auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable auto login: Hi,How do we disable the feature that makes windows 11 automatically log into the previous account on restart.90% of the computers in our office are Windows 10. When we hit restart on these machines they reboot and go straight back to the login screen with all the accounts to...
  5. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  6. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  7. How can I disable auto login on a passwordless account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I disable auto login on a passwordless account?: I have a Windows 10 PC which I share with my dad, and while my own account is protected with a password, his is not because: he has no private stuff there, and I expect he'd have difficulty remembering a password, as his memory is very poor due to a stroke he had 8 years ago...
  8. Can't DISABLE auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't DISABLE auto login: My Microsoft login automatically logins in on 3 computers, including one that I just bought. I have never enabled auto login for the user on any computer, so I don't know why it is doing this, and I especially don't know why it starts doing on any new computer that the user...
  9. How to Auto Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Auto Login: I want to be able to just turn on my Computer running Windows 10 and have it LOGIN automatically. all the tricks on the web aren't working. Please advise Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-login/84922d66-c5b3-4da1-9279-57955a3d77b9
  10. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...