Windows 10: How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LianeLe Tendre, Jul 23, 2018.

1. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the options list for how to open the file and was simply hovering over the list when the darned system auto-selected "Adobe Reader". I didn't click on it or even touch the computer. I was just hovering over the list.

It's not the first time this has happened. The stupid thing selects and OPENS anything I hover over for more than a few seconds. I have found several complaints about this on various websites ... but have not found an answer to the question ...

"How do I DISABLE" this really, really annoying "feature"?

It has added unwanted bookmarks when surfing the web, opened websites I didn't want to go to, opened programmes I didn't want to open ... and on and on.

I want this thing stopped once and for all. I contacted Microsoft Help and wasted close to an hour of my life. Whatever the young lady told me to do under "Ease of Access" didn't fix the problem at all.

Does anyone have any REAL fix?

:)

LianeLe Tendre, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Dan2690 Win User

How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

I have recently replaced my laptop computer with a Dell running Windows 10. I am getting totally frustrated with a cursor that unpredictably jumps all over the screen and with having all sorts of thinks happen any time the cursor pauses. If I cannot find
    an answer to this I am going to seriously
    consider getting a Macintosh.

My ease of access center does not include:

• "Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck

Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software. In typing this I have had the cursor jump in excess of 24 times! HELP

Dan2690, Jul 23, 2018
  3. How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

Those for whom the above does not work may open Synaptics, go to "Device Settings" and uncheck "Enable Tapping" ("One finger tap generates a left click"). Some touchpads may be too sensitive so that when you inattentively leave fingers on the pad a tap
    and thus a left click is generated. Mine is a Lenovo too. Now works well.

MowbrayAllan, Jul 23, 2018
  4. SB849 Win User

How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

I have a Lenovo G50-45 laptop running Windows 10. I was plagued by Hover Select, but I think (hope) I've finally disabled it. In the past, I have tried getting to the Ease of Access settings through the Settings page. I repeatedly unchecked the "Activate
    a window by hovering over it with the mouse" box, but couldn't get rid of the problem.

This is how I solved it: Go to Control Panel. In View By, select 'small icons'. Click on Ease of Access. Click on Make Mouse Easier to Use. Uncheck ' Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse'. Click Apply. Click OK.

SB849, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

1. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable auto select

2. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  3. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  4. Disable cursor hovering auto open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable cursor hovering auto open: How do I disable the cursor hovering auto open feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cursor-hovering-auto-open/db10b456-8c71-476b-9a88-cde3b44f6af0
  5. Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you what you need to do to stop […] This article Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: It is incredibly annoying that it jumps back and forth and it does right at the moment when I usually click on it. I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/...
  7. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  8. How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019?

How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019?: All previous fixes for this suggest going to the Ease of Access Centre => Make the Mouse Easier to Use, and making sure the box 'Activate window by hovering over it with the mouse is unchecked'. None of these options are available on my brand new MS laptop, released 10/2019....
  9. Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Disable touchpad hover-select feature: Really? Is this true? As I read in another post--this really complicates any work I want to do as I have to keep closing windows that I didn't want to open and paging back to where was working. This is absolutely maddening and makes me think of switching to Apple!!!...
  10. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable hover-select

2. how to stop hovering in windows 10

3. disable hover select

4. windows autoselect,
  5. turn off hovering,
  6. disable hover select windows 10,
  7. how to disable hovering in windows 10,
  8. disable hovering,
  9. how to disable hover select in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 hover select disable,
  11. how do i stop the pointer from entering when it hovers in windows 10,