How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

Discus and support How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Jul 5, 2018.

1. ricardobohner Win User

Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I never downloaded or installed such programs.

How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation [​IMG]

:)

ricardobohner, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 5, 2018
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation :)

terrace, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation - Similar Threads - Disable auto Shortcut

2. How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?: Is there a way to completely sign out of Xbox on Windows 10 so that retyping in a password is required to sign back in? I set up a child account for my son but our computer (we share it) is also saving MY Xbox account info so he can basically just switch to my Xbox account...
  3. How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?: Is there a way to completely sign out of Xbox on Windows 10 so that retyping in a password is required to sign back in? I set up a child account for my son but our computer (we share it) is also saving MY Xbox account info so he can basically just switch to my Xbox account...
  4. disable mouse auto zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable mouse auto zoom: I have a iview ultima notebook and I need to know how to disable the mouse auto zoom function the device in the control panel reads as a keyboard not as a laptop keyboard combo so I cant go into my mouse settings that way to disable the auto zoom and I try just going into my...
  5. Disable Auto arrange inside a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Auto arrange inside a folder: I have a folder named SHORTS on my Desktop, inside are shortcut icons for many programs i use often. I still have not been able to find a way to arrange in the order i want. If i move anything they just revert back to previous order. Also if i have another folder in the...
  6. Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently: Hi there, I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed. Right now I am...
  7. AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off: I just installed AVG today, which is owned by Avast (many of the same settings and the same engine), but there's something really annoying that I can't seem to solve. It insists that you set automatic virus definition updates to enabled. If you set it to manual, it insists on...
  8. how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates: my computer doesnt get forced to auto restart to install updates luckily but i sometimes only get them when i restart my computer or when i switch it off and turn it back on, thanks, i know there are a lot of tutorials out there but this is how to disable updates ON startup,...
  9. need help disabling windows 10 auto repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    need help disabling windows 10 auto repair: I know I can disable it using command prompt but ive locked down my drive so I cant use that way is there anyway to disable auto repair using a registry editor please help *Sad 99854
  10. Disable address files auto highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable address files auto highlighting: Is there a way to disable the auto highlighting of all the text whenever you click in the address field, i.e. when doing a "save as"? 109126