Windows 10: How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

Discus and support How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Jul 5, 2018.

1. ricardobohner Win User

How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I never downloaded or installed such programs.

How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation [​IMG]

:)

ricardobohner, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 5, 2018
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation :)

terrace, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation - Similar Threads - Disable auto Shortcut

2. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...
  3. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10: Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the options list for how to open the file and was simply hovering over the list when the darned system auto-selected "Adobe Reader". I...
  4. Disable or change keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable or change keyboard shortcuts: I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts (via Hotkeyp). But it's awkward wiggling around the plethora of built-in shortcuts, most of which I will never use. how can I alter them? 113787
  5. disable mouse auto zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable mouse auto zoom: I have a iview ultima notebook and I need to know how to disable the mouse auto zoom function the device in the control panel reads as a keyboard not as a laptop keyboard combo so I cant go into my mouse settings that way to disable the auto zoom and I try just going into my...
  6. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...
  7. want to disable auto rotate

in Windows 10 Support
    want to disable auto rotate: Hi I have an HP Pavillion touchscreen laptop running windows 10. I want to lie on my side in bed and watch a movie, so I want the screen to stay in landscape mode, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I cannot find any checkbox in the intel graphics control panel for...
  8. Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File: Every time I create a new file, regardless of file type, Win 10 automatically creates a link in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windoes\Recent. How can I disable the automatic creation of such links? Win10 Home 64-bit 52752
  9. Disable auto save?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable auto save?: Okay so when i shut down my pc directly and close a specific app like discord. then shutting down immediatly using the start button when i turn on my pc again chrome automatically opens with that tabs last night and discord which i exited didnt start up as it should be...
  10. How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?: In Windows 7, creating a shortcut of something via the right-click context menu would instantly focus or highlight the newly created shortcut, allowing you to seamlessly press Ctrl+X to move it. Is there any way to replicate this behavior in Windows 10, perhaps through a...