Windows 10: How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

Discus and support How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Jul 5, 2018.

1. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I never downloaded or installed such programs.

How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation [​IMG]

:)

ricardobohner, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 5, 2018
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation :)

terrace, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

1. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation - Similar Threads - Disable auto Shortcut

2. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  3. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  4. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  5. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  6. How to disable auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto arrange?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mergisi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loj3a9/how_to_disable_auto_arrange/
  7. How to disable shortcuts?

How to disable shortcuts?: Often, when I use photoshop, I press Shift & Alt at the same time but I don’t want to change the keyboard-layout from EU to US... submitted by /u/ksm-hh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iklvfb/how_to_disable_shortcuts/
  8. How to disable a shortcut?

How to disable a shortcut?: So as the title says how do I disable keyboard shortcuts, the problem I have is I very often press some buttons while gaming and that creates a new desktop. It takes a while to get back to my main desktop submitted by /u/Voldiz [link] [comments]...
  9. How to disable Auto Login?

How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  10. Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File: Every time I create a new file, regardless of file type, Win 10 automatically creates a link in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windoes\Recent. How can I disable the automatic creation of such links? Win10 Home 64-bit 52752

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop window 10 the auto creation of a shortcut