Windows 10: How to disable auto-switching of desktops

Discus and support How to disable auto-switching of desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] On windows 10 when you press control + win + right/left arrow it switches to another desktop like the picture below, however when I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Physical-Plantain-34, Aug 3, 2021.

1. How to disable auto-switching of desktops

How to disable auto-switching of desktops 9nWQb5cLp85Yq79ue8FFfbtSHa1lEX9wVO5T9KBRCSE.jpg

On windows 10 when you press control + win + right/left arrow it switches to another desktop like the picture below, however when I have a game or an program running on another desktop and when it finishes running it automatically switches back to another desktop. How do I stop the auto switching? and an extra question, how to I disable the sliding transition when switching desktops?

https://preview.redd.it/bw2zlgc888f...bp&s=d481d3a7dddc5c378042e5c9cb5c6dd3668cd27e

submitted by /u/Physical-Plantain-34
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Physical-Plantain-34, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Aug 3, 2021
  4. tfwul Win User

How to disable auto-switching of desktops

tfwul, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

How to disable auto-switching of desktops

1. How to disable auto-switching of desktops - Similar Threads - disable auto switching

2. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  3. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  4. Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?: In the words of u/24luej My Windows 10 installation (Ver. 1903) keeps changing the default audio output device from my internal soundcards' headphones out to another one when a sound device is plugged in or connected, like my bluetooth headphones. This is fairly annoying as...
  5. How to disable auto arrange?

How to disable auto arrange?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mergisi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loj3a9/how_to_disable_auto_arrange/
  6. Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent auto switching of desktops if user closes app: Situation Excel files open in multiple desktops desktop 1 and 2 1 file is closed on desktop 2 System jumps to desktop 1 It's pretty annoying...
  7. How to disable Auto Login?

How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  8. Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on: This is an annoying problem, and I've tried Advanced Power Options etc which doesn't cover this. After checking weather, emails etc, I often go do other things for half an hour. When I come back, the system has switched off! Can you please give me clear instructions how to...
  9. stop auto-switching to another desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    stop auto-switching to another desktop: hi, i have desktop 1 and desktop 2 i have 2 excel files in desktop 1 and 1 excel file in desktop 2 i open another excel file in desktop 1 so there would now be 2 excel file open in desktop 1 then when i close 1 excel file in desktop 1 it will automatically switch to an...
  10. Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...: Does anyone know how to turn on the automatic desktop/tablet mode switching? I run W10, the official release, on a Surface Pro 3 with a keyboard cover. Up to now, when I detach the keyboard I get asked if I want to switch to tablet mode, and when I attach the keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable deskop swapping

2. auto switch desktop windows 10