Windows 10: How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker?

Discus and support How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I'm turning bluetooth ON, my pc immediatly connects to my bluetooth speaker. Even if I manually disconnected speaker during pc using and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulK_F, Jul 8, 2018.

1. PaulK_F Win User

How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker?

When I'm turning bluetooth ON, my pc immediatly connects to my bluetooth speaker. Even if I manually disconnected speaker during pc using and then power off it, after turning pc ON bluetooth speaker reconnect again. Seems like Windows not saving latest state of manually disconnected/connected bluetooth devices and once you disable bluetooth and enable it again, windows wants connet to all devices that it paired...
    I want to connect to my speaker only manually or force windows to saving latest connected status state

:)

PaulK_F, Jul 8, 2018

2. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Jul 8, 2018
  3. michael Win User
    Please suggest me Bluetooth Speakers for Samsung 40F7500 Smart TV.

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me Bluetooth Speakers for Samsung 40F7500 Smart TV.

Thanks,

michael, Jul 8, 2018
  4. How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker?

Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker?

1. How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker? - Similar Threads - disable autoconnecting bluetooth

2. Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?: Everyone is asking how to achieve a state where a specified device will no longer auto-connect to a Windows computer's Bluetooth without turning Bluetooth off or completely disconnecting it requiring you to go through the connection process again instead of just clicking a...
  3. Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?: Everyone is asking how to achieve a state where a specified device will no longer auto-connect to a Windows computer's Bluetooth without turning Bluetooth off or completely disconnecting it requiring you to go through the connection process again instead of just clicking a...
  4. Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7: Hi, everytime I have to connect my earbuds, have to go to device and printers, right click control and then connect. Also, have to keep the below screen on, like can't close only minimize or the connection breaks. I want to make it automatic, how do I do so?...
  6. Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7: Hi, everytime I have to connect my earbuds, have to go to device and printers, right click control and then connect. Also, have to keep the below screen on, like can't close only minimize or the connection breaks. I want to make it automatic, how do I do so?...
  7. Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.: My computer always automatically connects to my Bluetooth audio device. Is there a way to keep Bluetooth on so I can still use my Bluetooth mouse but manually connect to the audio device, only when I want? I can't use the audio device with my phone or other PC when my...
  8. WiFi Unable to Autoconnect

WiFi Unable to Autoconnect: Before connect to SSID I have already checked the connect automatically. [ATTACH] However after restart need to manually connect and select SSID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-unable-to-autoconnect/30de99df-30ce-446c-a072-e89c9bea6a3e
  9. Why may default speaker won't autoconnect to bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why may default speaker won't autoconnect to bluetooth speaker: Every time i turn on my BOSE bluetooth speaker, laptop sound auto play in it and when i turn off my bluetooth speaker, laptop automatically use the default laptop speaker. That was a month ago. Now when i turn on my bluetooth speaker, windows indicates that its connected...
  10. how to bluetooth speaker

how to bluetooth speaker: i bought a polaroid led speacker with bluetooth but dont know how to pair it to computer can i or is it impossibe:( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-bluetooth-speaker/4aff5d8c-a9d0-435b-8055-878f307d9445

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable bluetooth creative speakers