Windows 10: How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Mail app in Windows 10 is an easy way to access your email to send and receive emails from recipients and get a notification that you have received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail app in Windows 10 is an easy way to access your email to send and receive emails from recipients and get a notification that you have received an email. Although the autocorrect and spellcheck features in the Windows 10 app help with your grammar, you can disable them. Some users will want to disable their autocorrect or spellcheck feature due to them typing their emails in another language and prefer to eliminate autocorrections because of annoyance.

This tutorial will explain the steps to disable the Autocorrect or Spellcheck feature in your windows 10 mail app.

• Autocorrect: Automatically correct misspellings and common typos.
    • Spellcheck: A software feature that checks for misspelling in a text.
    Disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app

There are two methods to disable the Autocorrect or Spellcheck feature in Windows 10.

Via Windows 10 Settings

How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app Devices-Page.jpg

1. Click the Start button and choose Settings.
    2. Then, double click Devices.
    3. On the left pane, select Typing.
    4. To disable Autocorrect, set the Autocorrect Misspelled Words toggler button to Off.
    5. Turn off all the other toggler buttons below that are related to Autocorrect.
    Via Mail app settings

How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app proof-reading.jpg

1. Open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    2. In the Windows 10 Mail app, click the New Mail button.
    3. On the New Mail window, click the Options button.
    4. Then click the Spelling box drop-down arrow.
    5. Under Proof Reading and Language, click the check box Hide All Proofing Marks; the Hide Proofing Marks in Selected Text will be disabled.
    6. Ensure that the check box is ticked.

How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app Result-2.jpg

If you start to type in the mail app, you will not see any form of autocorrect or Spellcheck.

We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app.

How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app Devices-Page.jpg
    This article How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 27, 2021

2. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

We are August 2019 now and toggling autocorrect off in the language settings on the main page, didn't stop the issue. Typing the Dutch phrase "Iemand
    heeft een probleem" would still be autocorrected to "Iemand
    heft een problem".

As many confirmed, toggling off autocorrect misspelled words in settings > language > Spelling, typing and keyboard, does not cut it.

On the bottom of the page with these settings, you should find a section "More keyboard settings" and a topic "Suggestions and autocorrections"

Once I toggled off the autocorrections there as well, the issue in the windows 10 mail app stopped occuring (I closed and re-opened the mail app once, before testing, but not sure this is required).

I didn't spend time backtracing my steps and trying to confirm whether this in fact was the solution, but possibly this helps others, who are as frustrated as I was with this issue.

Ben De Vriendt, May 27, 2021
  3. Tsukimi Win User
    Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app

I am aware that this thread (How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?) has the exact same question. But as many people have noted
    in it, the proposed solution does not work. Mail still autocorrects while I'm typing. So I thought I'd ask again, just in case.

How can I make it so that Mail stops autocorrecting?

Tsukimi, May 27, 2021
  4. WolfPaul Win User

How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

Like the original questioner I have my Windows 10 set to English, but have to type lots of e-mails in other languages, in my case German and French. Whenever I do, Windows 10 Mail App keeps correcting non-English words to English word, such as German "werden"
    to English "warden".

I followed your suggested steps, and as you can see from the below screen dumps all autocorrect optionsare off.

Nevertheless, the unwanted corrections still occur.

I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, Build 18922.rs_prerelease.190614-1427.

Thank you!

Wolf Paul

WolfPaul, May 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - disable Autocorrect Spellcheck

2. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  3. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: No, the answers elsewhere are not correct/sufficient.First off, why is spellchecking something that is set up in the "settings-> devices -> typing"...Generalizing autocorrecting and spellchecking to be a global on and off like that is the reason why so many people can't...
  4. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  5. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  6. How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: I found an old answer in the forums, but it does not work. How can I disable autocorrect in the windows 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows/9d0ecd88-7126-4ad0-b06f-5a8c5164a208
  7. How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

How to disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: I found an old answer in the forums, but it does not work. How can I disable autocorrect in the windows 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows/9d0ecd88-7126-4ad0-b06f-5a8c5164a208
  8. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  9. Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app: I am aware that this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows-10/69f4705f-cb8b-4a75-9d56-9733d8fc2dd2?auth=1 has the exact same question. But as many people have noted in it, the proposed...
  10. mail app windows 10 spellcheck greek

mail app windows 10 spellcheck greek: Good morning I’m using word spellcheck for several years and I believe its very useful and practical Unfortunately, the window 10 mail app doesn’t have so good spellcheck in most of the cases it doesn’t recognize the words and it need to right click each word. Is there a...