Windows 10: HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

Discus and support HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masuk Al Hossain Akash, Feb 20, 2019.

1. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?

:)

Masuk Al Hossain Akash, Feb 20, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    [Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Feb 20, 2019
  4. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

Disabling automatic driver updates for GeForce on Win 10 Home

I've run into a problem which I already solved but I wanna ask around to make sure this doesn't happen again.

My GTX 1080 was running perfectly fine on 385.69 drivers, butter smooth for months both on Win 10 Home and 8.1 before. Today I noticed quite a lot of stutter in ME:Andromeda, after a while I saw my driver version was 388.13 which aere notorious for stuttering. The system must've updated the driver automatically. I uninstalled 388.13 and my system reverted back to 385.69 automatically. Everythings run smooth once again.

My question is: how do I stop this from happening again ? I'm okay with automatic updates for the system, chipset,RST and the like but GPU drivers I'd like to always install manually. I did what I found in this article

http://www.itprotoday.com/windows-server/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

but is this going to do what I'm asking for ? I'm a very inexperienced Win 10 user, I've only been on the new system for a month or two. Need advice.

cucker tarlson, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

1. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME - Similar Threads - DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER

2. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable audio driver updating automatically?: Alright so, I want to keep this audio driver since it works normally, but sometimes when I come back later, it goes to Realtek Audio instead. Is there a way to forcefully keep this audio driver by default?...
  3. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable audio driver updating automatically?: Alright so, I want to keep this audio driver since it works normally, but sometimes when I come back later, it goes to Realtek Audio instead. Is there a way to forcefully keep this audio driver by default?...
  4. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  6. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  7. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  9. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  10. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...