Windows 10: How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

Discus and support How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrewtalat, Jan 19, 2020.

1. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is the system is already taking more than 15 gigs of memory so im left with only 9 gigabytes of storage or so..still Microsoft want to fill my limited storage with countless updates.. I can't disable it from gpedit because the home version lacks this feature..even setting my WiFi as metered no longer works ..the only trick i use to stop these updates is by filling my storage with useless stuff so Microsoft can't find space to download their updates but this makes the tablet extremely slow..help :

:)

Andrewtalat, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 19, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

1. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition - Similar Threads - disable automatic updates

2. How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?: Hotkeys are severely impeding gaming especially ctrl+alt+del opening task manager and the windows key in general. I cannot use Group Policy Editor. It does not exist on home editions of windows. There is also no "Explorer" folder under "Policies" in the registry so editing...
  3. How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable hotkeys in Windows Home edition?: Hotkeys are severely impeding gaming especially ctrl+alt+del opening task manager and the windows key in general. I cannot use Group Policy Editor. It does not exist on home editions of windows. There is also no "Explorer" folder under "Policies" in the registry so editing...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  5. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  6. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?: I've been having this problem for several years now and it's been getting progressively worse... I need my computer for online school... So having it down for a couple of weeks is not good...Every time there is an upcoming update usually about 2ish weeks before the update...
  8. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  9. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  10. possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1: Seems, I read that the home premium edition automatic windows updates could not be disabled like win 8.1 can in services can anyone confirm this? *Smile 11558