Windows 10: How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, Does anyone have an idea of how to prevent the automounting of hard disks / other media (particularly USB drives and SD cards) in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jonathanr, Aug 25, 2015.

1. jonathanr Win User

How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10

Hello All,
    Does anyone have an idea of how to prevent the automounting of hard disks / other media (particularly USB drives and SD cards) in Windows 10? It seems that the registry hacks that work in Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 do not work in Windows 10.

To check this, take a look in Computer Management -> Disk Managment. What I want is for the Disk to show up but be listed as Offline (not Online).

Thanks,
    Jonathan

:)

jonathanr, Aug 25, 2015
  2. TaurArian Win User

Windows 10 does not recognize WD disk

Occasionally on my win 7 machine, automount gets disabled so I have to re-enable it, see:

Drive mapping issue with Windows 10 | IronKey Technical Support

When you connect a device to a Windows 10 machine, no drives are mapped in “File Explorer”

Cause: Automount is disabled on the Windows 10 system.

Fix:

• Enter ‘diskpart’ in the “Search the Web and Windows” dialog box.
    • Launch the diskpart command prompt.
    • Enter: ‘automount enable’ on at the diskpart prompt.

TaurArian, Aug 25, 2015
  3. heartsg Win User
    Closing the lid will only enter into sleep by chance

I am going to answer myself. Not final though because I only tested 10 times I am not sure whether it will work forever after this. More updates will be following if it doesn't work.

After several hours of testing, I found that it is the problem of "Paragon Mounter", which auto mounts my Linux drive during windows startup (it was not auto-mount before, but after some update a month ago, it changed to automount).

Whenever "Paragon Mounter" is on, the sleep glitches in plugged in mode (not in battery mode). How strange but disabling paragon auto mount solves the sleep problem, for now. (tested only limited time).

heartsg, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10

1. How to disable automount of drives in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable automount drives

2. Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect: Hello Community,i am having some issues with the automatic mounting of a volume located on an USB stick.I would like to have the volume be inaccessible after connecting the device or on reconnect or after reboot. Only a manual interaction should make the data located on the...
  3. Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable automount of USB stick on boot and on reconnect: Hello Community,i am having some issues with the automatic mounting of a volume located on an USB stick.I would like to have the volume be inaccessible after connecting the device or on reconnect or after reboot. Only a manual interaction should make the data located on the...
  4. Veracrypt automount

Veracrypt automount: Hey! How do i get veracrypt to automount? i have diffrent passwords, on all my veracrypt drives? 180623
  5. Automounting USB devices puzzle

Automounting USB devices puzzle: I have an experience about the auto mounting of USB devices which has been going on for a long time, but continues to puzzle me. A Debian desktop is running using an /etc/fstab file in which the mount options for a couple of USB devices are defined. Both devices use the...
  6. USB HDD Automount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB HDD Automount: In Windows 10, if I plug in a USB HDD/Flash drive all is well. If I leave the external HDD's (2 of them) plugged in, they do not show up when I start Windows, I have to unplug and re-plug them before they're available. Any guidance please as this is a pain in the rear?...
  7. Want to make certain drive letters unavailable to automount.... any ideas?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want to make certain drive letters unavailable to automount.... any ideas?: Good Morning, We have a VDI environment that utilizes Windows 10 LTSB. They are using writable volumes, which we have a scheduled task on startup to assign to the F: drive. The issue that has arisen, is that if someone has a USB plugged in during the boot process, it...
  8. PC still automounts volume even after disabling NoAutoMount registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC still automounts volume even after disabling NoAutoMount registry key: Why is Win 10 still mounting volumes even if the diskpart AUTOMOUNT command is being set to disable or a Registry Key NoAutoMount is created with a DWord of 1- to avoid automounting of newly attached volumes. Apart from the lack of control to the operating system this would...
  9. Enable or Disable Automount of New Disks and Drives in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automount of New Disks and Drives in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Automount of New Disks and Drives in Windows How to Enable or Disable Automatic Mounting of New Disks and Drives in Windows Automount is enabled by default in Windows. When enabled, Windows automatically mounts the file system for a new volume...
  10. TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10

TrueCrypt automount problem on Windows 10: HIYAS, While I'm configuring latest Windows 10 I've met a problem with automounting TrueCrypt volumes on Windows logon. After initial TC install I was able to assign default keyfiles, define favourite volumes and set them for automount. This worked unattended several reboots...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stop automount camera

2. group policy disk automount

3. disable automount windows 10

4. disable usb automount windows 10,
  5. Windows10 disanle automount,
  6. disable automount sd windows,
  7. windows disable 10 automount usb,
  8. automount enable windows 10