Windows 10: How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power

Discus and support How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you use Microsoft Application Virtualization or App-V and want to disable background synchronization to the server when your computer is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power

How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power disable-background-sync-server-when-battery-power.png
    If you use Microsoft Application Virtualization or App-V and want to disable background synchronization to the server when your computer is on battery power, here is how you can do that. Using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor, you can block Windows 11/10/Server from synchronizing data to the server when on battery […]

This article How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 11, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 11, 2021
  4. How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power

1. How to disable Background Sync to Server when on Battery Power - Similar Threads - disable Background Sync

2. How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?: I try to change it but it says 'Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-desktop-background-when-disabled-by/ed6f9eb9-c6e1-43c8-a825-3f881e01be34
  3. How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change desktop background when disabled by administrator?: I try to change it but it says 'Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-desktop-background-when-disabled-by/ed6f9eb9-c6e1-43c8-a825-3f881e01be34
  4. How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to change the Power button action […] This article How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to automatically sleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery power battery...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to automatically sleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery power battery...: I have a problem with my laptop's battery, so I need help to create a task in Task Scheduler tosleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery powerAND the battery is below 96%. I also want this task to run every time the system starts. Using the advanced power setting...
  6. How to disable wallpaper sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable wallpaper sync?: Hi all, I want to disable the wallpaper sync. Because I want different wallpapers on my copmuter and Laptop. I found on google where to disable it the settings but I can't change anything and I should contact the systemadmin. I am the Admin on both devices. Does someone has...
  7. Backgrounds not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backgrounds not syncing: Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all...
  8. How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar: So Basically I want to know how to disable the Power Slider( As shown in the yellow circle below) and I know you can do it because I used to have it but I messed around with the power settings and managed to make this pop up again. So please somebody tell me how to disable it...
  9. Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode: OneDrive keeps pausing sync automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?...
  10. Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the Searchindexer.exe process in the...