Windows 10: How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10?

Discus and support How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Okay, so long story short, my PC has been running slow recently. At first I thought it was a W10 issue, but after days of troubleshooting I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frynler, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10?

How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10? zSGLqOabbXBhlRYuVpH94idjifQI-Zfm-oWj_if7pgM.jpg

Okay, so long story short, my PC has been running slow recently. At first I thought it was a W10 issue, but after days of troubleshooting I found out why. My MB has a "slow mode" switch which activated itself for no reason, despite my PC being perfectly cold. And because of that, now my PC is almost unusable because its performance is capped greatly.

That led me to figure out that the switch in question seems to give out the flag "BD PROCHOT" which basically translates as "bi-directional processor hot" which is a flag the MB sends to the CPU to make it underperform to cool down the system in case it needs to for whatever reason. Problem is, that flag is always set on true and I can't seem to disable it.

ThrottleStop Info

My CPU should work at 3.5GHz but it's working at 1.2GHz instead because of this problem, and the only solution that I managed to find on the internet doesn'twork for me (Or at least I don't know how to make it work.) Such solution is to use ThrottleStop to disable that flag, but it does virtually nothing when I do it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong with the software, or maybe it's because of the version of W10 I'm using, or my specific CPU... no idea.

Anyways, does anyone know how to properly disable that flag so that my computer can run at full speed again?

submitted by /u/frynler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frynler, Jan 24, 2020
  2. KiloLima Win User

ProcHot Logging?

I saw this under the main features on the website so I wasn't sure if this was included in RealTemp 3.7

• Reporting and logging of the Intel PROCHOT# thermal throttle activity bit.
    I am using a baytrail e3845

KiloLima, Jan 24, 2020
  3. noodziee Win User
    BD PROC HOT is causing my GPU to throttle down and get stuck

Hello, did you ever solve this problem? I get the exact same one... Disabling BD Prochot doesn't fix it cause of the GPU throttling.

noodziee, Jan 24, 2020
  4. MoSan1 Win User

How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10?

Computer performance suddenly dipped

Hey Richard

Glad you found your issue. I've also found mine. Turns out that my CPU was being throttled and the cores locked to 800MHz. I used ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT and my comp works as it used to. Looking around, it seems that the BD PROCHOT is related
    to a sensor on my motherboard that's failed. Not sure how accurate that is but for now I'll be monitoring my temperatures and keep my fingers crossed.

MoSan1, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10?

1. How to disable BD PROCHOT on w10? - Similar Threads - disable PROCHOT w10

2. CPU bloqué a 0,8ghz au lieu de 4,00ghz,Bd prochot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU bloqué a 0,8ghz au lieu de 4,00ghz,Bd prochot?: Bonjour à tousA l achat de mon nouveau pc gamertours tous fonctionner correctement a part la ram qui était en 2133 MHz donc je suis partie dans le bios MSI pour activer le Profil xmp pour passer en 3200 MHz mais une fois que j' ai redémarré mon pc le cpu est a 0,8ghz au lieu...
  3. CPU bloqué a 0,8ghz au lieu de 4,00ghz,Bd prochot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU bloqué a 0,8ghz au lieu de 4,00ghz,Bd prochot?: Bonjour à tousA l achat de mon nouveau pc gamertours tous fonctionner correctement a part la ram qui était en 2133 MHz donc je suis partie dans le bios MSI pour activer le Profil xmp pour passer en 3200 MHz mais une fois que j' ai redémarré mon pc le cpu est a 0,8ghz au lieu...
  4. CPU bloqué a 0,8ghz au lieu de 4,00ghz,Bd prochot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling BD Prochot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling BD Prochot: Hello everyone My laptop old battery died and I've changed it recently. The new battery works fine but the thing is that when the laptop on battery mode, it's extremely slow, and when it's plugged in, it returns to normal.I didn't know what's wrong I kept restarting the...
  6. Disabling BD Prochot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling BD Prochot: Hello everyone My laptop old battery died and I've changed it recently. The new battery works fine but the thing is that when the laptop on battery mode, it's extremely slow, and when it's plugged in, it returns to normal.I didn't know what's wrong I kept restarting the...
  7. Disabling BD Prochot

8. Surface Pro 7 CPU Stuck at 0.19 GHz and BD PROCHOT Warning

Surface Pro 7 CPU Stuck at 0.19 GHz and BD PROCHOT Warning: Hi There,I've had a few issues with my surface since I received it early this year, but nothing quite like this.The other day while working on my surface, I set it to hibernate and left it in that state for some time while I was away. When I returned about an hour later, I...
  9. Optiarc BD RW BD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiarc BD RW BD drive: Device manager says, ''This device is working properly.'' After a windows update the drive no longer recognizes any type of disc. The device driver is up to date. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  10. How to disable data logging in W10 (Guide)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable data logging in W10 (Guide): How to disable data logging in W10 (Guide) There's been a lot of commotion over W10's privacy terms. I'm sure these methods can change/improve at any time, but here's a guide which should hopefully give you a relatively more private, safe experience, however at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bd prochot

2. how to disable bd prochot

3. bd prochot disable

4. disable bd prochot,
  5. bd prochot disabled,
  6. disable bd prochot windows 10,
  7. bd prochot fix,
  8. disabling bd prochot,
  9. disable bd prochot on boot,
  10. win 10 registry file for bd prochot,
  11. windiws disable prochot,