Windows 10: How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

Discus and support How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay so I’ll give you the full backstory, 5-6 months ago my PC stopped turning on entirely so I took it to a computer repair store it was the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TTCL_Microsoft, Feb 23, 2024.

1. How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

Okay so I’ll give you the full backstory, 5-6 months ago my PC stopped turning on entirely so I took it to a computer repair store it was the same store I bought the PC from they were asking for a BitLocker password but I wasn’t sure what one they were talking about since I wasn’t in the same country and it was my brother who was asking me for them because they didn’t speak good English we lived in Spain. I get the PC back just yesterday and I come back to the PC being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode and at this point it’s between my files or a whole new PC and right now I couldn’t care f

:)

TTCL_Microsoft, Feb 23, 2024
  2. James Win User

Bitlocker Stuck Decrypting

@rinconmike For future reference, instead of using the TASK MANAGER to restart, you can simply hold CTRL + SHIFT and right click on blank space on the Task bar, to bring up 'Exit Explorer'. Another option is to use software.
    From m3datarecovery Download Instructions
    From m3datarecovery - *Smile

James, Feb 23, 2024
  3. RinzlerCL Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Mode

My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the drives. So my question is , will erasing the laptop release it from the Bitlocker Recovery Mode

RinzlerCL, Feb 23, 2024
  4. How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

BitLocker Recovery Issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are getting BitLocker recovery key prompt, every time you turned on the laptop. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue.

Ideally, in Windows 10 BitLocker doesn’t come by default. It could be possible that the BitLocker got enabled during some updates, either Windows update or PC manufacturer update.

As you have mentioned that you are forced to input the BitLocker recovery key, which is incredibly a tedious process.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to disable the secure boot from the BIOS and check if you are able to bypass the BitLocker. Please refer the steps in this article:

Disabling Secure Boot

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

1. How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode? - Similar Threads - disable BitLocker while

2. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  3. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  4. How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?: Okay so I’ll give you the full backstory, 5-6 months ago my PC stopped turning on entirely so I took it to a computer repair store it was the same store I bought the PC from they were asking for a BitLocker password but I wasn’t sure what one they were talking about since I...
  5. How to fix Bitlocker Recovery mode?

How to fix Bitlocker Recovery mode?: Hey folks!I turned on my PC today morning and encountered Bitlocker Recovery page. Looking over various solutions over the internet, I tried looking for bitlocker recovery keys on Microsoft.com by logging in my outlook account, but it says "You don't have any BitLocker...
  6. How to fix Bitlocker Recovery mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Bitlocker Recovery mode?: Hey folks!I turned on my PC today morning and encountered Bitlocker Recovery page. Looking over various solutions over the internet, I tried looking for bitlocker recovery keys on Microsoft.com by logging in my outlook account, but it says "You don't have any BitLocker...
  7. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen: So this all started when I wanted to factory reset my computer, I did it and it was working fine but I got a TPM message thing and it told me if I wanted to erase or not, or something like that.anyway I say erase and now its telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key1- I...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  10. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade