Windows 10: How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Discus and support How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenGray2, Sep 7, 2018.

1. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!

:)

StephenGray2, Sep 7, 2018

2. Plugging in power cord turns off screen in Windows 10. Please Help!

You can control the brightness separately for "battery" versus "plugged in". And it sounds like the "while plugged in" brightness is set to 0%.

Here's what I'd do:

• Type "Power Options" in your Search box
    • Next to your current power plan, click the blue "change plan settings" link
    • Under the "plugged in" side, drag the slider up to increase the brightness for while the cord is plugged in.
    • Be sure to click Save Changes when done

After that, try plugging it in again.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 7, 2018
  3. vgkfan83 Win User
    Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

Is Adaptive Brightness disabled?

vgkfan83, Sep 7, 2018
  4. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Screen goes black when I plug in the power cord since installing windows 10

This worked for me. It seems that, for some reason, when the power cord is plugged in, the screen brightness can't be set on maximum for whatever reason. I changed the brightness setting to just below max and it worked fine, with the side effect of the
    screen dimming when I plug in the cord and brightening when I'm on battery. If I use the fn+brightness key to manually change the brightness to max, the screen shuts off again.

Raj Van Sluytman, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

1. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord? - Similar Threads - disable Brightness change

2. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  3. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  4. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  5. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  6. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  7. Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged: Hi there, Previous status: brightness 100%, plugged in; brightness 50%, unplugged. When I unplugged the laptop, the brightness will decrease down to 50%. And will increase back to 100% when the laptop plugged in back automatically. Current status: Always keep the...
  8. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: Saw a lot of discussion concerning this topic. Think I figured it out. As many of you have speculated it's not a Windows issue. It has to do with the OEM of your graphics chip. Most likely Intel or AMD. Each manufacturer has software that deals directly with the hardware....
  9. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  10. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness changes when plugged in

2. how to make screen brighter when plug power cord

3. screen brightness adjustment when plugged to power

4. unpolugging laptop drops brightness,
  5. screen brightness adjustment when unplugging power,
  6. change brightness when unplugged windows 10,
  7. change windows 10 display brightness when plug in,
  8. How do I increase screen brightness when not connected to the power cord,
  9. brightness only increases when i plug charger,
  10. dell g3 g15 brightness drops when unplugged,
  11. change brightness automatically when plugging/unplugging power cable windows 10,
  12. changing brightness automatically when plugging/unplugging power cable,
  13. brightness when unplug charger windows 10,
  14. set brightness when plug in asus windows 10,
  15. after plugging the charger it change the brightness windows 10