Windows 10: How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Discus and support How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenGray2, Sep 7, 2018.

1. StephenGray2 Win User

How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!

:)

StephenGray2, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] Win User

Plugging in power cord turns off screen in Windows 10. Please Help!

You can control the brightness separately for "battery" versus "plugged in". And it sounds like the "while plugged in" brightness is set to 0%.

Here's what I'd do:

• Type "Power Options" in your Search box
    • Next to your current power plan, click the blue "change plan settings" link
    • Under the "plugged in" side, drag the slider up to increase the brightness for while the cord is plugged in.
    • Be sure to click Save Changes when done

After that, try plugging it in again.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 7, 2018
  3. vgkfan83 Win User
    Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

Is Adaptive Brightness disabled?

vgkfan83, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Raj Van Sluytman Win User

Screen goes black when I plug in the power cord since installing windows 10

This worked for me. It seems that, for some reason, when the power cord is plugged in, the screen brightness can't be set on maximum for whatever reason. I changed the brightness setting to just below max and it worked fine, with the side effect of the
    screen dimming when I plug in the cord and brightening when I'm on battery. If I use the fn+brightness key to manually change the brightness to max, the screen shuts off again.

Raj Van Sluytman, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord? - Similar Threads - disable Brightness change

2. Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.: New Dell Latitude 5590 Laptop. Works fine with cord plugged in. Shuts off and won't turn on with cord unattached. Battery shows full life but it will not run without being plugged in....
  3. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  4. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  5. Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery...
  6. Rca 2in1tablet power cord.

Rca 2in1tablet power cord.: I need to replace the power cord on my RCA 2in1 tablet, but am having a hard time finding one to fit. Tried two different universal cords from Walmart and neither fit correctly to start charging. Any suggestions?...
  7. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord: ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not...
  8. How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?: Whenever I plugged in my earphones, the notification would pop saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" With this, a window would pop up saying what kind of device I had plugged in and would give out the options: headphones, earphones, headphones with...
  9. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...
  10. I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop

I'm looking for adapter for Power Cord C5 EU plug to power my laptop: Hey there, what I want to do is be able to connect my laptop cable to load up from computer, so connect it to usb port 2.0 or 3.0 , is that safe to do or even possible? What kind of adapter would I need? 104985

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the setting for screen changing brightness when plugging or unplugging