Windows 10: How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Discus and support How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Saw a lot of discussion concerning this topic. Think I figured it out. As many of you have speculated it's not a Windows issue. It has to do with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianChenkus, Jun 23, 2020.

1. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Saw a lot of discussion concerning this topic. Think I figured it out.

As many of you have speculated it's not a Windows issue. It has to do with the OEM of your graphics chip. Most likely Intel or AMD. Each manufacturer has software that deals directly with the hardware. In each there will be an option to set the power mgmt. Set each to "Performance" for both plugged and battery operation and disable any other power mgmt settings. I personally used the Intel software on my ancient HP with Intel HD Graphics. I know AMD has similar software as I have used it on other machines.

Search for "Intel Support Assistant" or "AMD Support Assistant". This should point you in the right direction.

:)

BrianChenkus, Jun 23, 2020

2. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!

StephenGray2, Jun 23, 2020
  3. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Yes. I change my brightness all the time, moving from the baseline setting in first reply. What I dont want, is for windows to ever change it for me. Especially when i'm just plugging in or unplugging my power cord. Can this be fixed?

4. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Again, this is not a solution whatsoever!

When I plug in my laptop, the brightness changes.

When I unplug my laptop, the brightness changes.

I don't want the brightness to ever change when those actions occur. How can I make this happen?

Thema:

How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

1. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord? - Similar Threads - disable Brightness change

2. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  3. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  4. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  5. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  6. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  7. Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged: Hi there, Previous status: brightness 100%, plugged in; brightness 50%, unplugged. When I unplugged the laptop, the brightness will decrease down to 50%. And will increase back to 100% when the laptop plugged in back automatically. Current status: Always keep the...
  8. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  9. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  10. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!...