Windows 10: How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. All things considered it's a fine operating system, and I'm having only minor, fixable problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heyoheyo, Nov 24, 2017.

1. heyoheyo Win User

How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10

I just got a new Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. All things considered it's a fine operating system, and I'm having only minor, fixable problems. Except for this.

How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10 [​IMG]

These indicators are giant and distracting to the most annoying possible degree. I have tried following other tutorials to get rid of this: going into Advanced Display Settings, only to find that it has been taken out of this version by the Microsoft Geniuses; Another thread mentioned Logitech Unifying Software, something I cannot even find; I've looked in the Ease of Access center and other keyboard and software related settings, all with no luck.

I just want these irritating indicators gone!

:)

heyoheyo, Nov 24, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

What happened to the Caps Locked notification on the task bar?

In addition to Shenan's advice, the numlock/capslock indicators are sometimes included with the software that comes with the keyboard. I have a Logitech keyboard and the "Setpoint" software that came with it provides an indicator that shows when the capslock
    or numlock keys have been pressed.

JimWynne, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 shortcuts

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Its a very common problem among Windows users. Whenever Windows starts, it automatically turns "CapsLock", "NumLock" or "ScrollLock"
    keys On at login screen even if you turned the keys off before the login or boot screen.

If you want to permanently change their behavior, then you can use following steps to do so:

1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.

2. Now go to following key:

To change the behavior for currently logged in user:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard

To change the behavior for all users:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

3. Now in right-side pane, change value of "InitialKeyboardIndicators" string value to any of following:

0- Turn all indicators Off (NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock)

1- Turn CapsLock On

2- Turn NumLock On

3- Turn CapsLock and NumLock On

4- Turn ScrollLock On

5- Turn CapsLock and ScrollLock On

6- Turn NumLock and ScrollLock On

7 - Turn all indicators On (NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock)

4. That's it. Exit registry editor and restart your system to take effect.

Registry disclaimer

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Nov 24, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Nov 24, 2017
  5. heyoheyo Win User
    heyoheyo, Nov 25, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is actually a OSG (On Screen Guide/HUD). It should be under Ease of access.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  7. heyoheyo Win User
    I have checked thoroughly in both the Control Panel and Settings Ease of Access panels and have come up with no change.

heyoheyo, Nov 25, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Any Lenovo software installed? What you are asking about, is a HUD type feature that is done by either Windows 10 installing the TSR needed, or you have the Lenovo software installed that is causing the HUD. At times it does help, especially in those cases when you hardly spend time looking at the keyboard or want to make sure that sound is not on and you may want to record the conversation.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Capslock and Numlock indicators Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable Capslock Numlock

2. How to remove capslock indicator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove capslock indicator?: Hello, so after I updated my laptop I started to get these type of popups when I click on the caps lock.I don't how I supposed to remove I tried bunch of tutorials but the issue is still not fixed....
  3. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  4. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  5. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  6. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  7. CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.: Microphone toggle button always keeps flickering in monitor. Even though I have tried turning off mic access to the system.Some times it stop automaticallynot for too long, but most of the time I have to restart. It must be a bug. please fix this.Hey, hey. While writing this,...
  8. CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.

CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.: Microphone toggle button always keeps flickering in monitor. Even though I have tried turning off mic access to the system.Some times it stop automaticallynot for too long, but most of the time I have to restart. It must be a bug. please fix this.Hey, hey. While writing this,...
  9. CapsLock and NumLock indicator on display works fine, but microphone indicator is disturbing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light: After a lot of searches, it's apparent that many manufacturers have taken away the indicator light for CapsLock/NumLock. How lovely. Today, I found a free third-party tool that works great. TrayStatus will put the little display icons back on the screen for you. Yes, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. numlock display disable