Windows 10: How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?

Discus and support How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an application that pops up lots of notifications each time after it started up such that these started to annoy me. But what I find even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mmo, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?

I have an application that pops up lots of notifications each time after it started up such that these started to annoy me.

But what I find even more annoying is that even though I regularly disable that app's notifications in Windows 10's -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Show notifications from these apps list next time I start the app its toggle switch is again set to "On"!

How to I duct-tape or weld this toggle to its Off position ONCE AND FOR ALL?
    Any registry setting or whatever it needs for this welcome!

:)

2. M Waqas Win User

Windows 10 Task bar will not Auto Hide.

sometimes taskbar create this problem when an application want to show some notification & will hold the Taskbar open because you haven’t deal with a notification...you need to figured
    out that one of the applications which is causing a problem...

in Windows 10 you’ll need to go to
    System -> Notifications and Actions and click on “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”. Once you’re in there, you’ll want to disable notifications for the problem application.

M Waqas, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Lumia 920 application updates

it doesnt have all the applications installed ! and the store stopped completely showing these notifications no matter how many days passed since the updates were available for a certain application, any other solution for the store itself??

Carolinemetias, Mar 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

@mmo :
    What's the app? Maybe it has additional settings within itself?

Edwin, Apr 3, 2016
  5. I would like to the same thing. Mine is AVG PC-TuneUp (Latest version for Win 10 x64)

Computer Chicken, Apr 3, 2016
  6. MMO
    mmo Win User
    It's a sync- app. And it reports all devices that are currently not connected and hence not accessible more often than necessary. And unfortunately it has no option to silence these notifications.

7. OTOH Maybe Mbam should come up with Anti-Nagware for Windows 10 *sarc

blutos cousin, Apr 4, 2016
  8. How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?

Yes! *Biggrin

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all? - Similar Threads - disable certain applications'

2. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  3. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  4. Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?: In Windows 10 I get the following daily message in the notification area - "Microsoft account problem: Select here to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue using apps between this device and your other devices". I sign in with a local account and I am aware that if I...
  5. Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?: In Windows 10 I get the following daily message in the notification area - "Microsoft account problem: Select here to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue using apps between this device and your other devices". I sign in with a local account and I am aware that if I...
  6. Windows Notification Area - How do I disable a certain Microsoft notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  8. Disable all automatic updates for certain?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable all automatic updates for certain?: I'm having to buy to a new computer soon it seems as my current one running Windows 8.1 is starting to have issues that don't seem to be able to be repaired without great cost and all I seem to find are computers with Windows 10 installed now. However, I am on satellite...
  9. How to DISABLE notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to DISABLE notifications: Good Morning guys, I really am tired of the notifications on the right side of the screen, and there ALWAYS being new ones, for everything, and I want them gone........how do I disable them PERMANENTLY ? 145675
  10. Disabling certain applications temporarily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling certain applications temporarily: Is there a program that allows me to temporarily disable certain applications/services while I am running something? Just wanna use that to stop my anti-virus program (and some other stuffs as well) while I'm playing a game. I often find it annoying because it constantly...