Windows 10: How to disable check box on files

Discus and support How to disable check box on files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with this annoying box that appears at either the top left of a desktop icon or on the left of any file I'm viewing in the File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simtom1500, Jun 20, 2018.

1. How to disable check box on files

I'm having an issue with this annoying box that appears at either the top left of a desktop icon or on the left of any file I'm viewing in the File Explorer. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off?

How to disable check box on files [​IMG]

How to disable check box on files [​IMG]

:)

simtom1500, Jun 20, 2018

2. problems with file explorer check box

Hello,

To resolve your issue, I would suggest you to try to check if the issue persists in safe mode. Follow the steps below on how to go safe mode:

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type msconfig and hit the
      Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • Select or click the check box Safe mode with networking.
    • Click on Apply and ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.

Once you are in safe mode try to check if the issue gets resolved.

Once you completed the steps above follow the below steps on how to go back to normal mode:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type msconfig and hit the
      Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • If you see safe mode box has a check mark in it,
      uncheck
      the safe mode box and hit apply or ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    • When your computer comes back up, sign in and you will now be in "normal mode".

Let us know if the above information helped you. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 21, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 21, 2018
  4. How to disable check box on files

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

How to disable check box on files

1. How to disable check box on files - Similar Threads - disable check box

2. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?...
  3. Check boxes on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  4. Check boxes on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  5. How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10: I have this problem, when I open the file explorer I get all my files with item check boxes on it, even if I don't select anything. Before, item check boxes appear on selected items only wich was really usefull. Now items with boxes occupy lot of space. The only thing I can...
  6. How to disable recent files in search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable recent files in search box: Further to Duavago's question and solution here where he found how to disable the app history within the search box, I have discovered this only works for Pro versions since gpedit.msc is completely absent in Home versions. I did a bit of digging and found a solution as...
  7. Check apps and files disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Check apps and files disabled: I was looking aorund windows defender seeing that smart screen is disabled. [ATTACH] this is my personal computer, how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/check-apps-and-files-disabled/9d139342-ce25-4bf3-a6e4-5ae30a362f83
  8. How to remove check boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove check boxes: Hi i recently installed windows. Anyone know how to remove this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-check-boxes/3fafb18e-9632-475d-93b5-9cfb43e2e020
  9. File Explorer check box sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer check box sensitivity: I am trying to select some photos, using File Explorer. But check boxes keep getting checked even though they are not the photos I want to select. Also, when I do select by clicking the box, the picture gets opened with the Photos app. I don't want to open any photos, I just...
  10. Clicking To The Left of Files and Checking Box?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking To The Left of Files and Checking Box?: On a public computer running win 10 I am able to see a list of files say in the downloads folder and if I click on the left of the file a box appears that I can check and it is selected. However on my home computer if I see a similar list when I click to the left of the file...