Windows 10: How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

Discus and support How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google last month started updating the Chrome browser on Windows 10 with the highly anticipated dark mode feature. When you turn on system-wide dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 3, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

Google last month started updating the Chrome browser on Windows 10 with the highly anticipated dark mode feature. When you turn on system-wide dark mode in Settings, Google’s browser respects that command and automatically switches to dark mode.

However, not many users are liking Google Chrome. Chrome’s dark mode does look like the browser’s Incognito Mode, which could make browsing a little confusing for many users. If you open multiple windows, you have to look at the incognito badge as that’s the only noticeable feature differentiating the two browsing modes.

By default, you have to switch to the system-wide light theme to disable dark mode in Google Chrome on Windows 10. It appears there’s an easy trick that you can follow to disable Chrome’s dark mode and continue using Windows 10 system-wide dark mode settings.

• Update Chrome to the latest version.
    • Pin Chrome’s shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click the shortcut and tap on properties.
    • Navigate to the Shortcut page.
    • Put the following command line in the target field.

--disable-features=DarkMode

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings Disable-Chrome-dark-mode.jpg

As shown in the above screenshot, there should be a space before you insert the command line. Apply the changes and launch Chrome from the updated desktop shortcut.

Although the command line should work in all editions of Chrome, in some cases, the browser is unable to return back to the light appearance even after following the aforementioned steps.

The post How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, May 3, 2019
  3. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, May 3, 2019
  4. How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

Not able to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you try to turn off the Airplane mode?
    • When you say that "TRIED 3 DIFFERENT METHODS I FOUND ", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to performed for resolving the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then choose Settings,

3. Select Network & Internet.

4. Click on Airplane mode.

5. Then turn off Airplane mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with turning off airplane mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 3, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

1. How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - disable Chrome dark

2. Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10: Google today began rolling out a new update for Chrome that advances the browser to version 74 and finally adds dark mode support on Windows 10, but there’s a catch. As per a Google employee, the company is actually rolling out this new dark mode for Windows 10 in stages and...
  3. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  4. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  5. How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer: I am on win10 pro 64bit and i want to disable the dark mode only in the file exlplorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-dark-mode-only-in-file-explorer/59b3cf14-a882-4307-9908-6e0bbaef5ee2
  6. Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages: Windows 10 comes with the system-wide dark mode, and most of the first party apps support the new look. Popular browsers like Firefox also offers a built-in dark mode to complement Windows 10’s dark look. Google Chrome, however, is late to the party. The latest version of...
  7. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10: The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave. The dark themed Google Chrome offers a comfortable browsing experience and it looks like the browser will finally work with...
  8. Dark mode

Dark mode: hello as active in dark mode in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode/43f122a9-4cce-4015-9a58-ece9121ec907
  9. DARK MODE

DARK MODE: I am unable to get dark mode in my laptop after windows10 October update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode/63eee4ab-6cad-4be8-a16d-5ec7015ebe8e
  10. dark mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dark mode: Hi, I have updated my windows 10 to the last version but when i choose dark mode in settings it works for setting windows and it doesn't work in file explorer. what should i do guys?...