Windows 10: How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

Discus and support How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google last month started updating the Chrome browser on Windows 10 with the highly anticipated dark mode feature. When you turn on system-wide dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 3, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

Google last month started updating the Chrome browser on Windows 10 with the highly anticipated dark mode feature. When you turn on system-wide dark mode in Settings, Google’s browser respects that command and automatically switches to dark mode.

However, not many users are liking Google Chrome. Chrome’s dark mode does look like the browser’s Incognito Mode, which could make browsing a little confusing for many users. If you open multiple windows, you have to look at the incognito badge as that’s the only noticeable feature differentiating the two browsing modes.

By default, you have to switch to the system-wide light theme to disable dark mode in Google Chrome on Windows 10. It appears there’s an easy trick that you can follow to disable Chrome’s dark mode and continue using Windows 10 system-wide dark mode settings.

• Update Chrome to the latest version.
    • Pin Chrome’s shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click the shortcut and tap on properties.
    • Navigate to the Shortcut page.
    • Put the following command line in the target field.

--disable-features=DarkMode

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings Disable-Chrome-dark-mode.jpg

As shown in the above screenshot, there should be a space before you insert the command line. Apply the changes and launch Chrome from the updated desktop shortcut.

Although the command line should work in all editions of Chrome, in some cases, the browser is unable to return back to the light appearance even after following the aforementioned steps.

The post How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, May 3, 2019
  3. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, May 3, 2019
  4. How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

Not able to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you try to turn off the Airplane mode?
    • When you say that "TRIED 3 DIFFERENT METHODS I FOUND ", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to performed for resolving the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then choose Settings,

3. Select Network & Internet.

4. Click on Airplane mode.

5. Then turn off Airplane mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with turning off airplane mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 3, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings

1. How to disable Chrome dark mode without changing Windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - disable Chrome dark

2. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode: I've been tasked in my organization to disable the color options on Windows 10, force default blue to be used but keep light dark mode as an option for end users. I've gone through the GPO options and can not find the right setting to get this accomplished. Any suggestions? I...
  3. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode: I've been tasked in my organization to disable the color options on Windows 10, force default blue to be used but keep light dark mode as an option for end users. I've gone through the GPO options and can not find the right setting to get this accomplished. Any suggestions? I...
  4. How to disable color settings but keep light dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to prevent Windows Dark Mode affecting Chrome

How to prevent Windows Dark Mode affecting Chrome: Hi,For context; I use Dark Mode on Windows 10 Home, and I like it. However, there are specific apps and programs that I do not want to have Dark Mode forced upon; such as specific web pages in Chrome.I have now encountered a situation where parts of web pages, such as text...
  6. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  7. Chrome is stuck on dark mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is stuck on dark mode: I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on...
  8. Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?: Given that dark mode in Windows is AMOLED dark, is there a tweak that allows you to change how "dark" is dark mode? submitted by /u/bucketofthoughts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wf1i/is_there_a_way_to_change_how_dark_is_dark_mode/
  9. Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode

Windows 10 Settings Dark Mode: So, in the settings of my Windows 10 desktop, I turned on dark mode for all apps and for the default Windows system. However, whenever I use a theme in Google Chrome, the search bar remains white while the rest of the browser is black i.e. the settings page, home page,...
  10. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758