Windows 10: How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is driving me crazy, because I have read over a dozen instructions which I have carried out to the letter, only to see the command prompt still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeGreo, Jul 20, 2021.

1. MikeGreo Win User

How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10?

This is driving me crazy, because I have read over a dozen instructions which I have carried out to the letter, only to see the command prompt still working without a problem. The instructions that do work, tend to be for the current logged in user. So I have succeeded in disabling it for the current logged in user, which is non-sense because current logged in user would be admin. I need to disable it for another user account that is not logged. This user is also a standard user(non-admin user). I have tried doing this through the registry and also through gpedit.msc without any success. It only works for currently logged in user. I would also be willing to consider any third party software programs that make it easy to do these things ie. disable CMD, regedit etc

:)

MikeGreo, Jul 20, 2021
  2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. Windows 10 upgrade admin user and password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do you have a Microsoft account? Have you tried using your Microsoft account to log in? Does it show any error message while trying to log in using with the Microsoft account?

Please follow the steps to enable the Build in Administrator:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.

• Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

• If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

• Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
    After you log in, create a new user account using your Microsoft account. Check how many users are configured for( control panel>User account) and if you see your old user account, you can transfer your data from the user folder to the new account.

Do not forget to disable the inbuilt user account as this is only good for troubleshooting purposes.

open CMD(Admin) type: net user administrator /active:no

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jul 20, 2021
  4. How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10?

modifying hosts file for non admin users

I have edited the win8.1 hosts file successfully while logged in with admin rights

When I am logged in as admistrator, the entries to the host file work in the browser.

However, when I am logged in as a non admin user, the host entries do not work.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to provide the hosts file entries for non admin users?

Thanks in advance,

Beverly Howard

BeveHoward, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10?

1. How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable CMD users

2. How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell: i want to know how can i restrict non-admin users to access This PC app, CMD and powershell. This query is specific to Windows server 2019 and newer versions.Also i want to allot specific storage limit to each users non-admin users....
  3. How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell: i want to know how can i restrict non-admin users to access This PC app, CMD and powershell. This query is specific to Windows server 2019 and newer versions.Also i want to allot specific storage limit to each users non-admin users....
  4. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin: can you provide a simple cmdline script which can recreate AppData folder structure along with all the symlinks must run without Admin Priviledges...
  7. CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin: can you provide a simple cmdline script which can recreate AppData folder structure along with all the symlinks must run without Admin Priviledges...
  8. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  9. Disabling CMD and BIOS for non admin accounts Domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling CMD and BIOS for non admin accounts Domain: Hello dear people of Tenforums. ive used this site everyday since i started my job as head of IT in the local goverment office i work. and i have learned alot like making a new DC Anyways to the point. The systems implemented in the 4 schools of the local goverment are old...
  10. Rune regedit for non-admin user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rune regedit for non-admin user: Somehow my ToastNotifications got switched off. Need to have admin privileges to switch it back on. Running regedit as Administrator doesn't work. Have a .reg file, but that has to be double-clicked, so no privileges. Can't set Properties ... Run as Administrator for a .reg...