Windows 10: How to disable combination control+right arrow back to normal

Discus and support How to disable combination control+right arrow back to normal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In text editors and web browsers the combination "control+right arrow" moves cursor to the next word likewise for left arrow. But this is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PTBento, Sep 17, 2020.

1. PTBento Win User

How to disable combination control+right arrow back to normal

In text editors and web browsers the combination "control+right arrow" moves cursor to the next word likewise for left arrow. But this is not working anymore as "control+right arrow" makes another window show up. How could this behaviour be changed so that the combination works to move to next word likewise for left arrow?​

:)

PTBento, Sep 17, 2020

2. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 17, 2020
  3. EdAlSi Win User
    Windows + Left/Right arrows disabled?

Since the April Update, my WIN+arrow key shortcuts have been disabled (at least, they don't work anymore).

The arrow keys themselves work properly, just not with the WIN key.

Other WIN key shortcuts appear to work (WIN+P, WIN+A, WIN+TAB, for example)

Any suggestions, please?

Allen

EdAlSi, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Xeeeee Win User

Combination of CTRL, SHIFT, ARROW keys not repeating

Machine: Dell Inspiron 5559 (it's new so I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware)

Here is the predicament I am faced with:

When I use a combination of the CTRL, SHIFT and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys to let's say select text in a Word/Google document, the combination works once but does not repeat itself if I keep holding down the
    keys (it used to on my last laptop which had Windows 7 installed on it).

I have already checked the Ease of Access Center. Sticky, Toggle and Filter keys are all OFF.

I have disabled the Intel HD Graphics hotkeys.

I have researched probably about 20 articles but nothing.

Guys, this is very important for me to fix because I work with text a LOTTTT and have to use this combination very frequently. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS: CTRL and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys combination still works and it repeats if I press and hold those keys. But for whatever odd reason, CTRL, SHIFT and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys combination is not repeating.

Xeeeee, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable combination control+right arrow back to normal - Similar Threads - disable combination control+right

2. Right arrow does not work in combination with other keys Не работает правая стрелка в...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right arrow does not work in combination with other keys Не работает правая стрелка в...: [Eng]My cat just jumped on my keyboardFor example, in Forza Horizon, the right arrow does not work with the WASD buttons at the same time, they work alone, the rest of the left and up arrows work normally, togetherHelp[Ru]кошка натыкала что-тоК примеру, в Forza Horizon правая...
  3. Right arrow does not work in combination with other keys Не работает правая стрелка в...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right arrow does not work in combination with other keys Не работает правая стрелка в...: [Eng]My cat just jumped on my keyboardFor example, in Forza Horizon, the right arrow does not work with the WASD buttons at the same time, they work alone, the rest of the left and up arrows work normally, togetherHelp[Ru]кошка натыкала что-тоК примеру, в Forza Horizon правая...
  4. Right arrow does not work in combination with other keys Не работает правая стрелка в...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  6. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  7. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  8. back arrow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    back arrow not working: The back arrow in my browser is not working. How do I fix this? I also have problems with downloading MS apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-arrow-not-working/d7cb6902-f235-49de-9c86-69d376f22e29
  9. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  10. How to get normal calculator back?

How to get normal calculator back?: I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator? Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work. If that can't be done, does...