Windows 10: How to disable Control Panel

Discus and support How to disable Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to disable the control panel on my kids computer I have regular Windows 10 Home build 10240 on this computer. On Windows 8 I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pelliott321, Sep 25, 2015.

1. How to disable Control Panel

I would like to disable the control panel on my kids computer
    I have regular Windows 10 Home build 10240 on this computer.
    On Windows 8 I had a registry hack that worked globally so I had log in as admin do the hack then log out

:)

pelliott321, Sep 25, 2015

2. Homegroup control panel disabled

I had already tried a new user account. In the end I solved the problem by downloading the windows 10 .iso file and re-installing from scratch.

Kevin Peacock, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Homegroup control panel disabled

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur due to corrupt user profile.

I would suggest you to check the issue in a new user account. Please create a local user account.

Refer:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to disable Control Panel

Brink, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

How to disable Control Panel

1. How to disable Control Panel - Similar Threads - disable Control Panel

2. how can i disable only some pages in control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i disable only some pages in control panel?: i can disable pages in control panel with gpe if i have the canonical name. but how can i disable this page "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections"? you can also access the page from settings network & internet/Status and the change adapted options buttoni...
  3. how can i disable only some pages in control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i disable only some pages in control panel?: i can disable pages in control panel with gpe if i have the canonical name. but how can i disable this page "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections"? you can also access the page from settings network & internet/Status and the change adapted options buttoni...
  4. how can i disable only some pages in control panel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to get to the control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get to the control panel?: how to get to the control panel? In win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-the-control-panel/dc20a7ef-c660-47e9-ad54-e041ba75d186
  6. how to get to the control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get to the control panel?: how to get to the control panel? In win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-the-control-panel/dc20a7ef-c660-47e9-ad54-e041ba75d186
  7. disable control panel from redirecting to settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable control panel from redirecting to settings: is there any way to stop control panel from redirecting me to the settings app? submitted by /u/Tracenji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l23wch/disable_control_panel_from_redirecting_to_settings/
  8. Remote Chrome Desktop and Disabled Control Panel

Remote Chrome Desktop and Disabled Control Panel: I was following this link to disabled the settings/control panel and it works perfectly. But then when I tried to use the remote chrome desktop to generate the security code on the local computer, it now says that the computer is offline (but it is not). Before I disabled the...
  9. Chrome Remote Desktop and Disabled Control Panel

Chrome Remote Desktop and Disabled Control Panel: I followed this link to disable the settings/control panel. Now when I try to use the chrome remote desktop, it says that the local computer is offline but it is not. Has anyone seen this and what is the workaround for this? Thanks. submitted by /u/kolinkorr839 [link]...
  10. how to disable WSD in control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable WSD in control panel: How do you disable WSD, System is constantly adding network printers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-disable-wsd-in-control-panel/2233ddb3-e3b2-4b4d-8e72-ee350cf0ab22