Windows 10: How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

Discus and support How to disable creating new desktop shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BorsukBartek, Feb 7, 2021.

1. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

Hello

If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created

This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times while playing

Is there any way to disable this, again, in my case, worthless feature?

submitted by /u/BorsukBartek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BorsukBartek, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 7, 2021
  4. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

1. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut - Similar Threads - disable creating desktop

2. Need a way to disable the "create new desktop" shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a way to disable the "create new desktop" shortcut: I accidentally pressed some key combination, and all of my app windows disappeared. The only clue that they were running were that there was a brief "minimize" animation. There was no message or notification to indicate that I had created a new desktop, and it took well over...
  3. Need a way to disable the "create new desktop" shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a way to disable the "create new desktop" shortcut: I accidentally pressed some key combination, and all of my app windows disappeared. The only clue that they were running were that there was a brief "minimize" animation. There was no message or notification to indicate that I had created a new desktop, and it took well over...
  4. Need a way to disable the "create new desktop" shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  6. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable creating new desktop shortcut: Hello If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times while playing Is there any way to disable this, again, in my case, worthless feature? submitted by /u/BorsukBartek [link]...
  7. how to create shortcut on desktop

how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  8. Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut

Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut: Hi, When gaming i sometimes fat finger and press ctrl + win + d at the same time and it creates a new desktop is there anyway to change / remove this shortcut thanks...
  9. How to change or create new shortcut to switch desktop?

How to change or create new shortcut to switch desktop?: By default the shortcut is Win+Ctrl+Arrow_Key. Is there a way to assign Win+V to switch left and Win+B to switch right? It would be very easy and fast to switch between , because in case of default shortcut you have to move your left hand over whole keyboard or use...
  10. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...