Windows 10: How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

Discus and support How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot.

Is it possible to set up a batch file or script that I can drop in my startup folder that would disable or delete those scheduled tasks at each reboot, so I don't have to manually do it after each reboot?

I'm not good with creating batch files or scripts though. Is there anything out there that can help with this?

:)

rivre, Jun 1, 2018
  2. rivre Win User

I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot.

Is it possible to set up a batch file or script that I can drop in my startup folder that would disable or delete those scheduled tasks at each reboot, so I don't have to manually do it after each reboot?

I'm not good with creating batch files or scripts though. Is there anything out there that can help with this?

rivre, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Eagle51 Win User

Hey rivre,
    Some apps/programs running at startup re-enable/re-create their task scheduler entries. If you do NOT need/want the app/program running at startup ... try the following ...

1. Task Manager > Startup Tab ... if the app/program is listed, right click and disable it.
    2. Windows Services ... if the app/program is listed, right click > properties and set the startup type to manual.
    3. Task Scheduler ... Double check that it's task entries are disabled.

Eagle51, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Reboot Scheduled Task

Hi,

If you want to delete or disable an automatic task and you're unable to do it even if you're using an administrator account, it possible that there is an issue with your user account. Just to clarify, were you the one who created the automatic reboot in
    Task Scheduler?

We recommend that you create a new administrator account to see if you'll
    be able to delete or disable the automatic reboot task in task scheduler while using the new user profile.

Keep us posted.

Argel Obm, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting? - Similar Threads - disable delete scheduled

2. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  3. How To Fix Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Fix Task Scheduler: When I run Task Scheduler I get a vast number of error messages like these: [img] [img] and the only way I can close the Task Scheduler window is via Task Manager [img] How can I fix Task Manager? 111979
  4. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820
  5. Disable automatic reboot for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable automatic reboot for updates: Windows 10 seems to like rebooting without my permission - such as when I have a fullscreen game open, and I also miss the notification to postpone. How do I disable this? I don't have windows pro and thus cant use gpedit. The registry keys various pages suggested editing...
  6. Disable automatic reboot for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable automatic reboot for updates: Windows 10 seems to like rebooting without my permission - such as when I have a fullscreen game open, and I also miss the notification to postpone. How do I disable this? I don't have windows pro and thus cant use gpedit. The registry keys various pages suggested editing...
  7. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...
  8. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...
  9. How can i disable task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i disable task scheduler?: I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off? 75739
  10. How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?: Is there a way to make the "Command Prompt" window show when I have a task running in Windows task Scheduler? I would like to be able to view the progress of the task. For example, I have a program called "Zap2xml" that collects TV EPG data. It runs automatically once a...