Windows 10: How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

Discus and support How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot.

Is it possible to set up a batch file or script that I can drop in my startup folder that would disable or delete those scheduled tasks at each reboot, so I don't have to manually do it after each reboot?

I'm not good with creating batch files or scripts though. Is there anything out there that can help with this?

:)

rivre, Jun 1, 2018
  2. rivre Win User

I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot.

Is it possible to set up a batch file or script that I can drop in my startup folder that would disable or delete those scheduled tasks at each reboot, so I don't have to manually do it after each reboot?

I'm not good with creating batch files or scripts though. Is there anything out there that can help with this?

rivre, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Eagle51 Win User

Hey rivre,
    Some apps/programs running at startup re-enable/re-create their task scheduler entries. If you do NOT need/want the app/program running at startup ... try the following ...

1. Task Manager > Startup Tab ... if the app/program is listed, right click and disable it.
    2. Windows Services ... if the app/program is listed, right click > properties and set the startup type to manual.
    3. Task Scheduler ... Double check that it's task entries are disabled.

Eagle51, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Reboot Scheduled Task

Hi,

If you want to delete or disable an automatic task and you're unable to do it even if you're using an administrator account, it possible that there is an issue with your user account. Just to clarify, were you the one who created the automatic reboot in
    Task Scheduler?

We recommend that you create a new administrator account to see if you'll
    be able to delete or disable the automatic reboot task in task scheduler while using the new user profile.

Keep us posted.

Argel Obm, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting? - Similar Threads - disable delete scheduled

2. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  3. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  4. How to disable a scheduled Reboot policy on intune?

How to disable a scheduled Reboot policy on intune?: I created a custom OMA-URI Settings withOMA-URI: ./Vendor/MSFT/Reboot/Schedule/DailyRecurrentString: 12/26/2023 4:00:00 AMAfter few days I deleted the policy using the 3 dot delete action. but It will still require all computers to reboot everyday.here is the steps I have...
  5. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  6. Deleted task scheduler task

Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  7. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler: I tried making a script in task scheduler that would automatically change my wallpaper. Here is the script which i saved as a .vbs file for task scheduler to run: dim shell Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") wallpaper = "C:\path\to\wallpaper.jpg"...
  9. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820
  10. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scheduled tasks that have been deleted and reappear in windows 10

2. if the task is not scheduled again delete it

3. remove scheduled tasks they reappear in windows 10

4. unable to disable created reboot task