How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

Discus and support How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot.

Is it possible to set up a batch file or script that I can drop in my startup folder that would disable or delete those scheduled tasks at each reboot, so I don't have to manually do it after each reboot?

I'm not good with creating batch files or scripts though. Is there anything out there that can help with this?

:)

rivre, Jun 1, 2018
  2. rivre Win User

I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot.

Is it possible to set up a batch file or script that I can drop in my startup folder that would disable or delete those scheduled tasks at each reboot, so I don't have to manually do it after each reboot?

I'm not good with creating batch files or scripts though. Is there anything out there that can help with this?

rivre, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Eagle51 Win User

Hey rivre,
    Some apps/programs running at startup re-enable/re-create their task scheduler entries. If you do NOT need/want the app/program running at startup ... try the following ...

1. Task Manager > Startup Tab ... if the app/program is listed, right click and disable it.
    2. Windows Services ... if the app/program is listed, right click > properties and set the startup type to manual.
    3. Task Scheduler ... Double check that it's task entries are disabled.

Eagle51, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Reboot Scheduled Task

Hi,

If you want to delete or disable an automatic task and you're unable to do it even if you're using an administrator account, it possible that there is an issue with your user account. Just to clarify, were you the one who created the automatic reboot in
    Task Scheduler?

We recommend that you create a new administrator account to see if you'll
    be able to delete or disable the automatic reboot task in task scheduler while using the new user profile.

Keep us posted.

Argel Obm, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting? - Similar Threads - disable delete scheduled

2. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  3. How to re-install camera driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to re-install camera driver: Hi those @ Microsoft Community, I tried to fix my camera by uninstalling the driver, but now the camera does not even appear on Device Manager, even when I click "View hidden devices" and Scan for Hardware changes. I have a Toshiba Satellite L50-B025D. I've tried looking...
  4. How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10: Windows 10 imports photos automatically in the right format (portrait or landscape), depending on the orientation of the image. Videos, however, are all automatically imported in landscape format. For photos, there is an option to turn left or right when right-clicking on the...
  5. cursor is invisible nearly, how to make it prominent

cursor is invisible nearly, how to make it prominent: Cursor is invisible on Windows 10. How to make it prominent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cursor-is-invisible-nearly-how-to-make-it/d32b4374-5588-45de-a89f-c38f0a4d2738
  6. some task bar icons have no graphic

some task bar icons have no graphic: I'm running current W10 on a new PC A handful of apps, when running and appearing on the task bar and anytime if pinned, are there, but are a black hole with no graphic. In particular, Edge and Settings. Anything I can do?...
  7. Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10

Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10: hi there i recently bought a pair of beats x which is a bluetooth connection. i connected it to a pc and its said music and voice connected. But when i started to listening to music it worked fine but when i tried to speak using discord the mic didnt work. i went to control...
  8. emails are deleted automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    emails are deleted automatically: My emails are deleted automatically and are stored only for a few weeks not more. What can I do to keep my emails until I personally decide to delete them?...
  9. How can I open an .obj file in Blender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I open an .obj file in Blender: I have unintentionally set up opening .obj file by Microsoft Paint as default, but I want to use Blender for this purpose. How can I change it back so I could import the file in Blender on win7...
  10. Xbox 360 (wired) not working, 1st and 4th light turn on for a second when plugging in...

Xbox 360 (wired) not working, 1st and 4th light turn on for a second when plugging in...: - Using Windows 10 - Wired Xbox 360 Controller - Uninstalled drivers by showing hidden devices in Device Manager and removing the Xbox 360 one. - Did a restart, uninstalled / re-installed the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software" (which can be found here:...