Windows 10: How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro

Discus and support How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. So I just got a surface pro 7 and I'm using onedrive with both it and my laptop. My desktops are syncing between both so I'm getting icons that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fangirl006, Jun 5, 2020.

1. How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro

Hi. So I just got a surface pro 7 and I'm using onedrive with both it and my laptop. My desktops are syncing between both so I'm getting icons that I want to keep on my desktop on my surface pro and vice versa.

I found this thread right here where the OP seems to have the problem I'm having: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-sync-settings-between-my-desktops/c41e8f2e-e9a6-4c87-b54e-b4a32bf271f8

This seems like a good solution to the problem. The only thing is that I am having trouble finding where all my files are being synced. When I go into Account for Onedrive and select "Choose Folders" my desktop is not showing up

I want to keep everything synced between my computer and surface pro save for my desktop. Is there anyway I can do this?

:)

fangirl006, Jun 5, 2020

2. Outlook on phone not syncing with Surface Pro

Hi Profjulie,

I hope you're still following this thread, as you've helped me along through the process of diagnosing my problem. I am having problems syncing Outlook calendar events between my phone, desktop, and Surface Pro. With the same Microsoft account on all three
    devices and Outlook 365 on my desktop and Surface Pro, these events occur:

• An appointment made on the Lumia 950 will sync to Outlook.com.
    • The same appointment will sync to the Outlook app on the desktop and on the Surface Pro.
    • The same appointment will sync to Outlook 365 on my Surface Pro.
    • The same appointment will NOT sync to Outlook 365 on the desktop.
    • An appointment made on Outlook 365 on the desktop will not sync to any other device/app.
    • An appointment made on Outlook 365 on the Surface Pro will sync to everything but Outlook 365 on the desktop.
    I think I have all of the permutations covered. How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro :) I'm hoping the above information will help you help me to determine why I can't sync my Outlook 365 on my desktop to my phone, SP, the apps, and Outlook.com.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stevie

Tranquil47, Jun 5, 2020
  3. hank1111 Win User
    surface pro 4 cannot see desktop computer on same network

I followed you instructions on My Dell desktop and my surface pro 4 but my surface still does not see my desktop computer. The only change is that now the Surface lists itself on the network.

hank1111, Jun 5, 2020
  4. How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro

disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish)

Cannot even find out if I have a surface pro 3 or 4, only info is:

BaseBoard Version Not Available

System SKU Surface_Pro_1796

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

After intensive search on the internet I found three "solutions" to disabling the edge swipe.
    These do not work. You do not need to suggest these because they do not work. Note that computer and drivers are all up to date.

So that folks don't start replying with non-working "solutions" I am listing them here...

• reg edit solution
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI == AllowEdgeSwipe 0

computer restart

doesn't work

• group policy solution
    Local Group Policy->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Edge UI

edit policy setting 'Allow edge swipe' set to disabled

computer restart

doesn't work

• control panel mouse solution
    recommends opening mouse setting from control panel and clicking on properties, then
    uncheck (disable) the Enable Edge Swipes option.

No such option exists so there is no way to apply this.

doesn't work

I've had this thing for less than a year and every single setting pans out this way with 80% of the settings being unavailable. I'm very close to wiping this thing and putting it on craigslist for some poor unsuspecting person. Plan on getting a regular
    small laptop like an HP or something (appreciate 2019 suggestions on new hardware too).

thanks

bukbuk2000, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro

1. How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Disable Desktop Sync

2. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  3. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  4. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have an HP Desktop PC and a Surface Pro 7 with keyboard, pen and mouse, both running Windows 10 21H1, all updates current. I have a 365 account with OneDrive. I keep the SP7 desktop clean. On the HP, I keep several folders, photos and shortcuts on the desktop for things I'm...
  6. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have an HP Desktop PC and a Surface Pro 7 with keyboard, pen and mouse, both running Windows 10 21H1, all updates current. I have a 365 account with OneDrive. I keep the SP7 desktop clean. On the HP, I keep several folders, photos and shortcuts on the desktop for things I'm...
  7. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

8. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  9. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have three PC's that I use frequently. A Gaming PC, a Work PC, and a Surface Pro for mobility. Whenever I install a program on my gaming PC a shortcut shows up on my Work and Surface Pro desktops. I have already gone into the sync settings and disabled syncing on all...
  10. How to sync files between two computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sync files between two computers?: Please recommend in-built options available in Windows 10 that I can use to sync files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-files-between-two-computers/9ca54b38-cfc2-476d-9559-2675dfd682c4