Windows 10: How to disable desktop view

Discus and support How to disable desktop view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not ever want any "hotspot" on the screen to suddenly show the desktop. I can say that to me, the desktop is the most profoundly uninteresting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joseph M. Newcomer, Oct 13, 2020.

1. How to disable desktop view

I do not ever want any "hotspot" on the screen to suddenly show the desktop. I can say that to me, the desktop is the most profoundly uninteresting, actually, totally useless, aspect of Windows. Having what I am working on suddenly disappear because the mouse has drifted into the corner of the screen is a severe annoyance. In fact, if the "hide cursor while typing" option worked, this would happen to me far less frequently that it currently does, but I have to keep moving that *$%#! cursor out of the way so I can see what I am typing. The number of ways that you manage to obscure what I am working on seems to increase; for example, the profoundly annoying "paste options" menu that hides what I am working on. If I want to see these things, I will ask for them, explicitly, and otherwise do not ever want my typing obscured by any gratuitous rubbish someone once thought was a cute idea. This means no desktop hotspots, no paste options, the cursor disappears when I start typing I tell it to do this, but my selection has no effect, or any other feature that in any way hides or obscures what is on the screen.

:)

Joseph M. Newcomer, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 13, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

How to disable desktop view

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

How to disable desktop view

1. How to disable desktop view - Similar Threads - disable desktop view

2. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  3. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  4. How to disable animations when switching desktop view in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable animations when switching desktop view in Windows 11?: After update KB5031354/KB5031323, when I switch desktop in Win11 Ctrl+Win+arrow, I noticed animation and notification on which destop I'm at the moment like Desktop1/Desktop2, - how to disable this animation and notification?...
  5. How to disable animations when switching desktop view in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable animations when switching desktop view in Windows 11?: After update KB5031354/KB5031323, when I switch desktop in Win11 Ctrl+Win+arrow, I noticed animation and notification on which destop I'm at the moment like Desktop1/Desktop2, - how to disable this animation and notification?...
  6. How to disable task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  7. Desktop view

Desktop view: How to I set & lock my desktop in Classic or Tablet view, running Windows 10? (Instead of Tiles). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-view/c923459e-bc86-4dd1-b90a-60d75fdee3de
  8. HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS

HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS: All of a sudden my desktop screen started shrinking whenever I hover near the top or bottom of the screen. I cannot figure out how to turn this feature off. It is driving me crazy! While I'm working on a project I don't need the screen moving around. Please help!...
  9. How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu: Hello all ! I have a simple question that how can we disable "view" option from desktop context menu. [img] any help would be appriciated. thanks in advance 85555
  10. desktop view

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop view: In W10 .... how do I switch from the start screen (with tiles) to a desktop with conventional icons? 43880