Windows 10: How To Disable DesktopThumbnail Previews

Discus and support How To Disable DesktopThumbnail Previews in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; **Win-10 / build 10586.14 Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. I am trying to find a way to prevent image thumbnails from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by b1rd, Dec 14, 2015.

1. b1rd Win User

How To Disable DesktopThumbnail Previews

**Win-10 / build 10586.14

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question.

I am trying to find a way to prevent image thumbnails from displaying on my Desktop only.

I have my folder options set to allow for thumbnails. I embed images often, and I find it much easier when I can look for the image by sight, rather than by name only. I am trying to find out if I can leave my folder options set to allow for this, but not to allow thumbnails on the actual Desktop.

I thought that thumbnails would only work when the icons are set to size 'medium' and above, however I did right-click the Desktop and select "Small Icons," but the files still show as thumbnails.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated- if this is even possible that is.

Regards,

:)

2. How do I disable the taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

This was right on. It was driving me crazy on my office computer.

Thank you very much.

carljordan, Dec 14, 2015
  3. justly Win User
    How do I disable the taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Go to Folder Options. You can find this in Control Panel. Or click the search icon (the magnifying glass in the lower left corner), type in "folder options," click on "File Explorer Options," click on "view," click on "Always show icons, never thumbnails,"
    hit "okay," done.

justly, Dec 14, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

What your asking about leaving it set like that in File Explorer, but then not on Desktop, do not think will be possible, 2 different ways in 2 different locations. One not to see thumbnails and one to see thumbnails, if this is correct to what you are asking.

Tutorial on it for File Explorer
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    While on the desktop, press and hold Ctrl on your keyboard and spin your mousewheel backwards til the thumbnail reduces to an icon.

Edwin, Dec 14, 2015
  6. b1rd Win User
    Thank-you both for the fast replies.

Yes, this was what I was looking for. Thank-you!

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Disable DesktopThumbnail Previews - Similar Threads - Disable DesktopThumbnail Previews

2. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?: Neither of these settings disabled the Taskbar Thumbnails.Disable Taskbar Thumbnails via Group Policy Editor Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails using System Advanced settingsI have yet to edit to registry.Any other ideas?...
  3. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?: Neither of these settings disabled the Taskbar Thumbnails.Disable Taskbar Thumbnails via Group Policy Editor Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails using System Advanced settingsI have yet to edit to registry.Any other ideas?...
  4. How to disable software's window preview in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable software's window preview in the taskbar: Good morning. How to disable app's window preview in the taskbar? Here is the example: Picture from google, I prefer the option visible in the left screenshot I applied various "solutions" found on google, but no one worked on windows 10 BR...
  5. How to disable software's window preview in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable software's window preview in the taskbar: Good morning. How to disable app's window preview in the taskbar? Here is the example: Picture from google, I prefer the option visible in the left screenshot I applied various "solutions" found on google, but no one worked on windows 10 BR...
  6. How to disable software's window preview in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to disable pdf preview?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pdf preview?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/j0xlczrbsbc61.png?width=512&format=png&auto=webp&s=e5f031d9e763dcc0c757b778335bfd7538da72f1 submitted by /u/TsunaXZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0ot2c/how_to_disable_pdf_preview/
  8. How to disable search preview in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search preview in a folder: So after some recent update one of my Windows 10 machines is first showing preview images of files instead of the old behaviour where it filtered the results in the active folder/subfolders. Ofcourse if you press enter on the results it acts as the old way, but its an extra...
  9. How to disable taskbar previews?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable taskbar previews?: hi, Im trying to disable the taskbar previews when hovering over them shown in the screenshot: [img] did some google research and people talk about disabling peek in the visual performance settings I unchecked peek there, restarted PC, yet on 2 different PC's with win 10...
  10. How do I disable WinKey + Arrow preview?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable WinKey + Arrow preview?: I use the WinKey + Arrows to move or resize open windows to half of the screen (left or right side). It's always been quick and easy. However with the upgrade to Windows 10, I now get a thumbnail of other windows that are open (in the picture provided - they are the two...