Windows 10: How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

Discus and support How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable the power management on all the usb devices. I've disabled the USB selective suspend setting, changed the registry entry for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tony O_78, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Tony O_78 Win User

How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

Is there a way to disable the power management on all the usb devices. I've disabled the USB selective suspend setting, changed the registry entry for DeviceSelectiveSuspended to 0 as well as the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled . The only way I know of to check the power setting on some of the usb devices is go to details and then power data and its at D2 after around 20 minutes, needing it to stay at D0. Hoping there is a way to disable this via script or gpo due to the amount of systems we have.

OS - Windows 7 and Windows 10 - various builds

updated device drivers

Thanks

:)

Tony O_78, Aug 13, 2019

2. Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager

Hey, do the following
    · Press Win Key + R to open run then type devmgmt.msc to open device manager.
    · In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers. It will display a list of all USB devices. Plug and remove the device so as to find the USB device which is not working. Once you found device, right click and go to properties.
    · In properties, go to details tab then in property option select device instance path. Now copy the value in notepad. It will be required in the next step.
    · Now Press Win+R and type regedit in Run box
    · Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\<Device Instance Path>\Device Parameters
    (Device instance path is what you copied in notepad)
    · In the device parameter check if EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled showing value 1. Double click on it and change the value to 0. Now Reboot.

Emily Forbes, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

1. How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices - Similar Threads - disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled

2. All USB devices hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices hidden: None of my USB devices are showing up in File Explorer and they are hidden inDevice Manager. If I plug them in one at a time they were on a powered USB multiplier the only one that shows up is a USB drive the others are a drawing pad, a foot pedal, a portable hard drive, and...
  3. All USB devices hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB devices hidden: None of my USB devices are showing up in File Explorer and they are hidden inDevice Manager. If I plug them in one at a time they were on a powered USB multiplier the only one that shows up is a USB drive the others are a drawing pad, a foot pedal, a portable hard drive, and...
  4. Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices: Is there a way to change the default behavior so 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is automatically disabled for new devices that are plugged into a USB port?...
  5. Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices: Is there a way to change the default behavior so 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is automatically disabled for new devices that are plugged into a USB port?...
  6. Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. All USB devices fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices fail: Hello! My problem is really annoying and makes me lose a lot of work and progress. A few years ago my mouse started disconnecting from the computer, but there was no sign of damage and it happened with other mouses too. After maybe 2 weeks it stopped, but about half a year...
  8. How Disable the Windows 10 USB ‘Quick Removal for ALL USBs?

How Disable the Windows 10 USB ‘Quick Removal for ALL USBs?: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I would like to be able to see Safe To Remove USB Device Bubble again, for safely remove all of my USB Devices. I have been able find where to disable the Quick Removal for each USB and Micro SD, but still no Bubble with a Message to say that it is...
  9. Windows update permanently disables all USB devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update permanently disables all USB devices: Hi. I have a computer. That computer, UNFORTUNATELY, has windows 10. If windows update is allowed to run, this will cause Windows 10 to PERMANENTLY stop accepting USB keyboard as an input device. I have tried checking "power management" in the device manager to make sure...
  10. USB Sleep mode: how to disable it at all.

USB Sleep mode: how to disable it at all.: Good afternoon, thanks for that great community. I tried all the solution on the Web to avoid the sleeping mode of my USB hard drive with no success with the build 10162 of Windows 10 64Bit. Did you have a working solution? Regards, 8006

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DeviceSelectiveSuspended

2. DeviceSelectiveSuspended windows 10

3. Regedit enhancedpowermanagementenable

4. enhancedpowermanagementenabled,
  5. disable windows enhanced power usb,
  6. devieselectivesuspend,
  7. deviceselectivesuspended windows 10 registry,
  8. enhanced power management enabled