Windows 10: How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

Discus and support How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable the power management on all the usb devices. I've disabled the USB selective suspend setting, changed the registry entry for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tony O_78, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Tony O_78 Win User

How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

Is there a way to disable the power management on all the usb devices. I've disabled the USB selective suspend setting, changed the registry entry for DeviceSelectiveSuspended to 0 as well as the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled . The only way I know of to check the power setting on some of the usb devices is go to details and then power data and its at D2 after around 20 minutes, needing it to stay at D0. Hoping there is a way to disable this via script or gpo due to the amount of systems we have.

OS - Windows 7 and Windows 10 - various builds

updated device drivers

Thanks

:)

Tony O_78, Aug 13, 2019

2. Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager

Hey, do the following
    · Press Win Key + R to open run then type devmgmt.msc to open device manager.
    · In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers. It will display a list of all USB devices. Plug and remove the device so as to find the USB device which is not working. Once you found device, right click and go to properties.
    · In properties, go to details tab then in property option select device instance path. Now copy the value in notepad. It will be required in the next step.
    · Now Press Win+R and type regedit in Run box
    · Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\<Device Instance Path>\Device Parameters
    (Device instance path is what you copied in notepad)
    · In the device parameter check if EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled showing value 1. Double click on it and change the value to 0. Now Reboot.

Emily Forbes, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices

1. How to disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended; EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled for all usb devices - Similar Threads - disable DeviceSelectiveSuspended EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled

2. All USB devices not working - OS problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB devices not working - OS problem: Hello, The other day I was downloading a steam game and left my PC to it. I came back a few hours later to find my mouse pointer had disappeared and all my USB devices had stopped working. I have to press F1 each time I boot my PC due to a dicky BIOS and my keyboard lights...
  3. How to disable USB not recognised popup message

How to disable USB not recognised popup message: Colleagues How do I disable 'USB not recognised' popup message? I've found how to do it for Windows 7, but the instructions don't seem to apply to Windows 10, i.e. there's no box to untick in System Device Manager/USB Controllers/USB Enhanced Host...
  4. how to delete all multimedia devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete all multimedia devices?: [ATTACH] it may be a share problem in LAN. 1.how to stop automatic add unknown devices? 2.it can be delete one by one,how to delete all devices in convenient ways?it affect me to use bluetooth devices. thanks for answer my question!...
  5. How to disable autoplay when USB pluggedin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable autoplay when USB pluggedin: Hi I am developing a UWP app. In this app there is a feature to connect the USB device. So when I connect the USB a USB's folder is open automatically and my app goes to behind this folder or minimised. So can I make default system Auto Play setting as "No Action" or any...
  6. HOW TO DISABLE ALL WINDOWS 10 UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO DISABLE ALL WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: These updates are slowing down my computer and crashing it constantly after forced updates. I am unable to close the stupid "Windows 10 update facilitation service". I think its about time i switch from microturd to Apple even though i don't like apple. After the last update...
  7. Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices

Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices: I'm currently using version 1803 (17134.228). The only device I have constantly connected is wired mouse. Nearly 2 weeks ago mouse started disconnecting from PC. After replugging it continued working for several hours. The same happened with all devices connected to PC. Then...
  8. How to disable "Device Guard"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable "Device Guard": Hi, I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Device Guard" in my surface pro before i can do so. Please provide steps on how to do so....
  9. Enable/Disable USB device on a schedule

Enable/Disable USB device on a schedule: I have a Seagate Backup Plus 5TB external HD conntected to my PC via USB. The external HD is only used for weekly backups. It is the loudest component of my PC. I don't want to listen to the HD spinning up, which happens frequently from what I can only assume to be background...
  10. USB Sleep mode: how to disable it at all.

USB Sleep mode: how to disable it at all.: Good afternoon, thanks for that great community. I tried all the solution on the Web to avoid the sleeping mode of my USB hard drive with no success with the build 10162 of Windows 10 64Bit. Did you have a working solution? Regards, 8006