Windows 10: How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key?

Discus and support How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU but didn't deactivate my license or anything. I also purchased a Windows 10 Pro key. Obviously needing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fewtgdgfgdfsd, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key?

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU but didn't deactivate my license or anything. I also purchased a Windows 10 Pro key.

Obviously needing to do a clean install, I didn't put in a product key as I was using a digital license on my microsoft account. Now as it turns out my digital license is for Windows 10 Home. When I try to activate using my windows 10 pro key it says I can't activate it on this device and that my key is already being used on another device.

So my question is, is it possible to remove the digital license so I can properly activate my Windows 10 Pro key on my current PC?

:)

fewtgdgfgdfsd, Oct 30, 2018

2. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key? [​IMG]

Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my camera. We'd all be old and grey by the time I learned to do a video capture. lol, I'm old and grey now.

alphanumeric, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

This is screen shots I captured from an earlier attempt. It shows product code after being activated?

4. How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key?

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

In the past, if I did a change product code on my 10 Pro install, and entered my Education key. Activation switched from activated with a digital license to activated with a product code. And it would list the last 5 digits of the code.
    Now when I do that it stays as activated with a digital license. The DL is upwards compatible, as far as I know. I can clean install 1511 Pro or 1607 Pro on this PC with a skip key and they will both activate. I do believe its edition specific (Home, Pro, etc) but not build specific. I've installed an older insider build on a PC that never had an insider build on it and it activated just fine on the 10 Pro DL that PC had gotten with the free upgrade.

Right now, I only have the one PC that doesn't have a DL for the education version. I've delayed activating it in 1607 so I can do more tests. Once its activated in 1607 there is no going back.

Thema:

How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key?

1. How to disable digital license so I can activate using a product key? - Similar Threads - disable digital license

2. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need product activation keys for digital licenses: I reinstalled windows this morning to fix some WHEA ID 1 errors and now I can't activate it. I spent ~3 hours dealing with Microsoft technical support because even though I'm using the same account, the activation troubleshooter doesn't recognize my computer.Nobody was able...
  3. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We need product activation keys for digital licenses: I reinstalled windows this morning to fix some WHEA ID 1 errors and now I can't activate it. I spent ~3 hours dealing with Microsoft technical support because even though I'm using the same account, the activation troubleshooter doesn't recognize my computer.Nobody was able...
  4. We need product activation keys for digital licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  6. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  7. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  8. Product key? Or, digital license?

Product key? Or, digital license?: Dell Inspiron 3647. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade. No tech will be attempting a hard drive change. For reinstalling, I keep reading a 25 character product key. I have 20. It does specify Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. I know once I...
  9. Mistake activating Win10 using product key instead of digital license

Mistake activating Win10 using product key instead of digital license: After a hard drive replacement on HP laptop the local tech also installed Win10 using his key. It seemed to work so I let it slide; now 6 months later I need to Activate Windows. Problem is I have a Digital License attached to my account/computer but all I'm allowed to do is...
  10. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License": After doing the upgrade from Windows 10 Education 1511 to 1607, Settings > Update & security > Activation, switched from "activated with a product key" to Activated with a Digital License". Activation has changed with the upgrade to 1607. To clarify what I'm talking about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change product key disable

2. digital license home windows disable

3. how to disable the digital license product key

4. how to disable windows 10 digital license activator,
  5. disable digital license