Windows 10: How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration)

Discus and support How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want to play an old game (FA Premier League Manager 2001), there is an "editor" application(the game's own feature) for change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ekostros, May 16, 2020.

1. How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration)

How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration) XnHA3wyqHqQpurh3akSCrx0ycu-OE6kKYpxFMmPb_v8.jpg

I want to play an old game (FA Premier League Manager 2001), there is an "editor" application(the game's own feature) for change the database of the game but editor.exe won't open. there is a solution you need to turn them off directX features for the "editor" to work. all methods written on the internet have been removed in windows 10. Does anyone know any solutions how can i disable directDraw - Direct3D - AGP texture accelaration ?

https://preview.redd.it/4qda8u4ir1z...bp&s=dd09c841009e8a0bda81e63f2dd7f6ac2574a5a8

submitted by /u/ekostros
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ekostros, May 16, 2020

2. DirectDraw Unsupported??

Hi Ella,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which games are you referring to?
    • Are the games compatible with Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the required updates?
    From the error message you have mentioned it appears that there is some issue with the direct draw feature of DirectX.
    The DirectDraw API provides support for hardware-accelerated 2-D graphics. It offers fast access to display hardware while retaining compatibility with the Windows graphics device interface.

However, DirectDraw is no longer recommended for use. With the release of Direct3D 9.0, all two-dimensional functionality is contained within Direct3D, its associated helper functions in D3DX, and the DirectX
    11 technology Direct2D. Since Windows 10 comes with integrated DirectX 12, some programs that still use DirectX 9 or previous versions might not work properly in Windows 10. In this case, I would suggest you to try installing
    DirectX End-User Runtime and check. When you run this package, no change is made to your version of DirectX, Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10.x, Direct3D 11.x, DirectInput, DirectSound, DirectPlay, DirectShow, or DirectMusic. Here is a link to download it:

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

You can also refer to this article:

DirectDraw - Win32 apps

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 16, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    DxDiag Error

Hi,

To enable the Direct 3D feature on your device, we suggest following the steps below:

• Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe).
    • On the Display tab, verify that DirectDraw Acceleration and
      Direct3D Acceleration are selected under DirectX Features.
    • If either of these lines shows a Disabled status, click
      Enable
      for that line.
    • If multiple video adapters are installed in your computer, repeat steps 2 for each
      Display tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

We're here to help. We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Jan Del, May 16, 2020
  4. IzWebUsr Win User

How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration)

DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II)

Hi:

I am trying to run Age of Empires II on HP EliteBook 8440p. This laptop has an NVIDIA NVS3100M graphics card. When running DirectX Diagnostic tool I see the following results:

DirectX Features:

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled

Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled

AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

However, when starting AoE II I get the following error:

"Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your vdeo card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw".

Any ideas?

Thank you

IzWebUsr, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration)

1. How to disable directx features ? (directDraw and Direct3D accelaration) - Similar Threads - disable directx features

2. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  3. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  4. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  5. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  6. How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?: Hi i need to enable this 3 settings in direct X DirectDraw Accelaration Direct3D accelaration and AGP texture Accelaration but i dont know how to enable this so it would nice if anyone helps me My pc Specs Intelcorei3 12th gen 8GB ram Intel uhd 730 Windows 10 pro version...
  7. How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?

How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?: Hi i need to enable this 3 settings in direct X DirectDraw Accelaration Direct3D accelaration and AGP texture Accelaration but i dont know how to enable this so it would nice if anyone helps me My pc Specs Intelcorei3 12th gen 8GB ram Intel uhd 730 Windows 10 pro version...
  8. How to enable the DirectDrawAcceleration,Direct3D accelaration, AGP Texture Accelaration ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Does DirectX 12 contain Direct3D feature Level 11.1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does DirectX 12 contain Direct3D feature Level 11.1?: I can't find any more information, and I was wondering whether DirectX 12 contains Direct3D feature Level 11.1 as Direct3D feature Level 11.1 is required for many triple-A games and their franchises....
  10. Does DirectX 12 contain Direct3D feature Level 11.1?

Does DirectX 12 contain Direct3D feature Level 11.1?: I can't find any more information, and I was wondering whether DirectX 12 contains Direct3D feature Level 11.1 as Direct3D feature Level 11.1 is required for many triple-A games and their franchises....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directdraw acceleration off win 12

2. .net directdraw disable

3. how to disable directx on windows 10 laptop

4. directx features setting window 10,
  5. how to disable direct3d acceleration