Windows 10: How to disable disk check on startup

Discus and support How to disable disk check on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use a laptop with hdd and ssd. Both hdd and ssd are having windows. I use the windows in ssd. I have a problem that whenever I turn on my laptop it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Anmol SinghGrewal, Jun 9, 2021.

1. How to disable disk check on startup

I use a laptop with hdd and ssd. Both hdd and ssd are having windows. I use the windows in ssd. I have a problem that whenever I turn on my laptop it starts disk checking because of which my windows in hdd is booted instead of ssd. I have performed disk check many times and their is no problem in my disk, but still the same problem occurs. Please help me.

:)

Anmol SinghGrewal, Jun 9, 2021

2. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jun 9, 2021
  4. How to disable disk check on startup

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

How to disable disk check on startup

1. How to disable disk check on startup - Similar Threads - disable disk check

2. How to Dissable Disk checking on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Dissable Disk checking on startup: How do i dissable the disk checking that appears every time i turn on my pc during boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dissable-disk-checking-on-startup/ccd90dd5-364b-4559-b74c-4f4f26079d03
  3. How to Dissable Disk checking on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Dissable Disk checking on startup: How do i dissable the disk checking that appears every time i turn on my pc during boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dissable-disk-checking-on-startup/ccd90dd5-364b-4559-b74c-4f4f26079d03
  4. How to Dissable Disk checking on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable Check disk on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Check disk on startup: At Every boot, Windows ask for a check disk. I tried CMD commands, Regedit but none seems to work. What is the permanent solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-check-disk-on-startup/0dded1d6-944f-40a6-9a30-297913814366
  6. Disable Check disk on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Check disk on startup: At Every boot, Windows ask for a check disk. I tried CMD commands, Regedit but none seems to work. What is the permanent solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-check-disk-on-startup/0dded1d6-944f-40a6-9a30-297913814366
  7. How to fix disk checking on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix disk checking on startup: Hello im trying to fix my disk checking on startup i tried fsutil dirty query c: it would say volume - c: is dirty then i tried chkntfs /x C it says C is not a valid drive specification or the type of the file system is NTFS please help!...
  8. Check Disk on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Check Disk on Startup: So I have a windows 10 pc. Every time I start it, it runs check disk. I searched it up, and it says that check disk is triggered by improper system shutdowns, failing hard drives, and malware infection. I am not sure if I have any of these. (I didn’t shut my pc down...
  9. Disk Checking on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking on Startup: Hello. I own an Acer Swift 3 which I have the fear of it breaking. When I start up my computer, I see the message "Press any key to skip disk checking in # seconds." I always skip it, but then, I always have this question that comes up. The question that I have is "What...
  10. Disk Checking at Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...