Windows 10: How to disable display detection on Display Port connection?

Discus and support How to disable display detection on Display Port connection? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I do have the following setup: Two PCs connected via KVM switch to two 2K LCDs. The problem: Every time I switch to the second PC and back, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eagle38106, Jun 23, 2020.

1. How to disable display detection on Display Port connection?

Hi,

I do have the following setup: Two PCs connected via KVM switch to two 2K LCDs.

The problem: Every time I switch to the second PC and back, all windows are gathered on the main/left screen and sometimes all the icons a scrambled.

Is there any possibility at all to tell Windows once and for all, that e.g. that both screen has the resolution 2560x1440. And regardless whether one, all or no screen is connected, these resolutions stay as they are and will never change.

Cheers,

Carsten

:)

eagle38106, Jun 23, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 23, 2020
  3. display monitor not detected

I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to detect it. I am using a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the second screen.

Steps I have tried:

1. Turning off and then turning on. both the laptop and the power source to the display.

2. Removing HDMI cable and connecting the cable again.

3. Trying to detect the second screen from display settings but i get the error "Didn't detect another display."

4. Disabling and enabling device drivers under "Display Adapters" in device manager.

5. uninstalling and installing driver under "Display Adapters" in device manager.

6. Using win + P and choosing extend display.

7. I also tried using my spare laptop (using ubuntu). And the screen extension worked. So the HDMI cable and the screen display work.

Any ideas on how to proceed with fixing the issue?

shashidhars, Jun 23, 2020
  4. How to disable display detection on Display Port connection?

HDMI Port Not Detecting Display

Yes, I have tried detecting a second monitor with a HDMI connection, but only the laptop display is detected at this time.

DavidThompson21, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

How to disable display detection on Display Port connection?

1. How to disable display detection on Display Port connection? - Similar Threads - disable display detection

2. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  3. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  4. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected: Hello everyone,I hope someone can help me with this issue i've been having for a while. My laptop always "detects" 2 displays when I boot it up. But.... I have no extra display connected at all. Every USB and HDMI port is empty. Literally nothing is connected to the laptop....
  6. Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected

Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected: Hello everyone,I hope someone can help me with this issue i've been having for a while. My laptop always "detects" 2 displays when I boot it up. But.... I have no extra display connected at all. Every USB and HDMI port is empty. Literally nothing is connected to the laptop....
  7. not detecting displays

not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  8. Disabled Integrated display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled Integrated display port: So... I did a big dumb and disabled the integrated display port driver. And now I can’t get a display on my screen. I have a CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Integrated GPU: Radeon RX Vega 11 I was having resolution issues and thought disabling it may help, which it didn’t. I’ve no...
  9. Display Port Hot Plug detection

Display Port Hot Plug detection: This has been a problem for the better part of the decade. What happens is when a monitor is connected using DP and goes to sleep, windows would shift open windows/icons to other non-DP monitors. Can we just get an option to disable hot plug detection?...
  10. Display Port

Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72