Windows 10: How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows

Discus and support How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In Windows, you can maximize a window vertically by performing one of the following actions: While the window is active, press the Shift + Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows

In Windows, you can maximize a window vertically by performing one of the following actions:

• While the window is active, press the Shift + Windows + Up arrow keys to maximize the window vertically, and press the Shift + Windows + Down arrow keys to restore/minimize the window vertically.
    • Move the pointer to the top or bottom border of a window until the pointer turned into a double arrow, and double click/tap.
    If you like, you can disable the ability to double-click to maximize windows vertically without affecting being able to use the keyboard shortcut to maximize windows vertically.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable double-click to maximize windows vertically for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Read more: Customization - How to Enable or Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows | Windows Questions

:)

Brink, Dec 14, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 14, 2020
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Dec 14, 2020
  4. How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows

1. How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows - Similar Threads - Disable Double Click

2. Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...: I used to click the title bar to place a window to a difference location in the screen. But now with the new Windows 11, it automically maximizes the full screen. Not sure why this is useful. I need to disable it. How to disable it ? I am searching for a couple of hours...
  3. Reverse maximize window vertically (WIN+SHIFT+UP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverse maximize window vertically (WIN+SHIFT+UP): So if i maximize a window vertically by pressing WIN+SHIFT+UP, is there really no way to revert the window back to the orginial position/size? If i press WIN+SHIFT+DOWN it gets minimized instead. Its really annoying. https://streamable.com/c64ee4 submitted by /u/Snoo52211...
  4. How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?: Hi I have a multiple monitor setup with a monitor on top of another.When I do a vertical maximize double click at the top of a window with the cursor as a resize double arrow, the window will span both monitors. I really just want it to vertically maximize in the current...
  5. How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?: Hi I have a multiple monitor setup with a monitor on top of another.When I do a vertical maximize double click at the top of a window with the cursor as a resize double arrow, the window will span both monitors. I really just want it to vertically maximize in the current...
  6. How can I limit the vertical maximize of windows to a single screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to enable or disable Double-Click to maximize window vertically in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Double-Click to maximize window vertically in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11 or Windows 10, you can maximize a window vertically by pressing the Shift +Win+Up arrow key, and pressing the Shift+Win+Down arrow key to restore or minimize the window vertically. To achieve the same effect, you can move the pointer to the top or bottom...
  8. How to double click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to double click: Hi,I want to know how to double click my mouse for games, I want it so I can click once and click twice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-double-click/d47c0bbc-a677-4135-9f90-208b3ca310f6
  9. Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: maximize vertically sends window to primary screen: When you doubleclick on the top edge of a window, it will maximize vertically, while retaining the same width. This pretty cool to have on ultrawide monitors. When doing this on a secondary screen, Windows will send the window back to the primary monitor, which is...
  10. Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time: Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double click them it takes a long time before they are maximized as if the computer is reloading them from scratch. I also have GOG...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1 disable double click maximize