Windows 10: How to disable double tap on touchpad

Discus and support How to disable double tap on touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aces103, Sep 20, 2019.

1. aces103 Win User

How to disable double tap on touchpad

After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature.

Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to.

Before the update is was very easy to do.

Please can someone show me how to turn off touch pad double tap.

:)

aces103, Sep 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic external touchpad tap-to-click?

To disable the Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad feature, open the Touchpad tab in Mouse Properties.
    Click Start , and then type mouse in the search field.
    Click Change your mouse settings.
    Click Additional mouse options.

How to disable double tap on touchpad [​IMG]

Clicking on Additional mouse options
    In Mouse Properties, click the Touchpad tab.
    NOTE: Some HP Notebooks have an HP Control Zone tab. If your Notebook has this tab, open it and click HP Control Zone Disable.

Click Disable.
    Clicking on Disable

Click Apply, and then click OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

VP of Product Strategy

Peter Barnett, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Sep 20, 2019
  4. How to disable double tap on touchpad

Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

Have you tried installing the touchpad software as well as the driver from Dell?

This is from 8.1, but do you have anything similar?

paulsalter, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

How to disable double tap on touchpad

1. How to disable double tap on touchpad - Similar Threads - disable double tap

2. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  3. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  4. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  5. Touchpad double tap issue...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad double tap issue...: I have acer aspire 3 a315-33-c89l it's touchpad supports 5+ fingers tap but after a update it supporting only one finger tap. When i tried to change setiings, setting only shows sensitivity of touchpad...[ATTACH] Before it shows many gestures and settings...i tried to...
  6. Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad

Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad: I want to disable this feature but there is no options to. Synaptics touchpads had this option as shown below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-double-tap-toggle-button-feature-for/503e9d5e-daee-4fcc-9dfb-1f7ece186496
  7. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  8. Double Tap

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  9. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  10. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp disable touchpad tapping

2. disable double tap mouse

3. how to disable touch tap lenovo