Windows 10: How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys

Discus and support How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having an issue with a shortcut key that causes my windows to move right until they are entirely over to my second monitor. It does this with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trelam88, Dec 31, 2019.

1. trelam88 Win User

How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys

I am having an issue with a shortcut key that causes my windows to move right until they are entirely over to my second monitor. It does this with a single click of the left directional key on my keyboard. The same key I like to use when typing such as this message. If I use the directional key to attempt to move my text line, it instead subs my window from full screen to windowed mode, and then each subsequent click moves the window right until it is entirely on my second monitor. This is frustrating me as I use Word frequently and now I cannot freely move among my work using the directional keys because the right key is now a shortcut for something else. How can I either change this key binding or disable it?

:)

trelam88, Dec 31, 2019

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Opening internet shortcuts with dual monitors.

In Windows 10 with dual monitors, how can I change which screen internet shortcut opens on? I want it to open on the secondary screen Instead of the main screen.

CarolynRobinson7131, Dec 31, 2019
  4. How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys

1. How to disable dual monitor shortcut keys - Similar Threads - disable dual monitor

2. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  3. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  4. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  5. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  6. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Dual monitor shortcuts not all working

Dual monitor shortcuts not all working: I've just added a second monitor, linked to my Surface Pro 5 2017 and I'm trying to get the keyboard shortcuts for dual monitors to work but some do and some don't. The following list is one I found on a separate website and the crossed out shortcuts are the ones that do not...
  8. How to disable a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable a shortcut?: So as the title says how do I disable keyboard shortcuts, the problem I have is I very often press some buttons while gaming and that creates a new desktop. It takes a while to get back to my main desktop submitted by /u/Voldiz [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I disable these key shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable these key shortcuts?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Apeiro256 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4ip19/how_do_i_disable_these_key_shortcuts/
  10. How to disable windows shortcut keys without disabling windows key?

How to disable windows shortcut keys without disabling windows key?: I don't like any (windowskey+anykey) keyboard shortcuts and I like to use my own ones for some apps. Whenever I missclick Winkey without adding additional key WindowsMenu toggles which irritates me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com