Windows 10: How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

Discus and support How to disable Edge or permanently remove it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Marijn_fly, Jul 4, 2020.

1. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive.

MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it.

What's the best way without running 3rd party apps?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Marijn_fly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Marijn_fly, Jul 4, 2020
  2. K. Kishor Win User

Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

Hi,

How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro?

I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE from my Windows 10 Pro.

K. Kishor, Jul 4, 2020
  3. How to permanently disable spellchecker in Edge browser?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to disable the spellchecker.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on devices.
    • Go to Typing tab.
    • Turn off, Highlight misspelled words.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 4, 2020
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

Chromium was not mentioned.

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Thema:

How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

1. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it. - Similar Threads - disable Edge permanently

2. HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!: I WANT EDGE OFF MY COMPUTER--THERE IS NO LIVE PERSON AND THIS PROGRAM IS LOUSY. I DO NOT WANT IT NEAR ME!!! THAT IS HOW BAD IT IS TO ME. I AM SO DISGUSTED AND WILL NEVER BUY A COMPUTER LIKE THIS AGAIN--I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING MICROSOFT AGAIN IF I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE EDGE...
  3. HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!: I WANT EDGE OFF MY COMPUTER--THERE IS NO LIVE PERSON AND THIS PROGRAM IS LOUSY. I DO NOT WANT IT NEAR ME!!! THAT IS HOW BAD IT IS TO ME. I AM SO DISGUSTED AND WILL NEVER BUY A COMPUTER LIKE THIS AGAIN--I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING MICROSOFT AGAIN IF I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE EDGE...
  4. How Can I Permanently Remove Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Permanently Remove Edge: I got a notification that I have to update Edge. I do not even use Edge. I do not want to be rude but I would never, ever use Edge. I am not saying what I think of that privacy-invading app because I'm trying to be calm but I am getting frustrated that I cannot easily disable...
  5. Remove Edge permanently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Edge permanently: Is there a way to remove MS Edge permanently? I’ve uninstalled it several times but it keeps coming back, now I’ve done a factory reset and it’s still here. Any way I can keep it gone? I want to put Firefox on here and have it be the ONLY browser on here unless I like...
  6. How to permanently disable Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Updates?: I absolutely hate it. It keeps forcing me to update every now and then using huge bandwidths. I hate the fact it keeps harassing me all the time prompting me to update regularly and I can't find a way to disable it. Just stop! Leave me alone, Windows Updates. Just go away. I...
  7. How to permanently disable update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to permanently disable update: Windows 10 update keeps turning itself back on after I disable it . I want it permanently disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-disable-update/ad74379e-f311-4abd-8ebe-2681bdd1154d
  8. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Remove/Disable Edge Browser: Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser. Remove Edge_Click Here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removedisable-edge-browser/0200f164-fa1b-4c43-b359-044d85b00ede"
  9. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently: Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE...
  10. How to remove/disable Windows Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove/disable Windows Edge browser?: Hi I am wanting to remove or at least disable edge browser in Windows 10. I will never use this web browser and so would like to get it out of the way. Thanks for the help*Smile 15999