Windows 10: How to disable Edge recommended notifications on Login Screen?

Discus and support How to disable Edge recommended notifications on Login Screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new windows 10 system that will not use edge as it's primary browser. I was able to do this except that on the login screen I get two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/saltyhasp, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How to disable Edge recommended notifications on Login Screen?

I'm setting up a new windows 10 system that will not use edge as it's primary browser. I was able to do this except that on the login screen I get two notifications:

Upper Left: "Microsoft Edge is a fast and secure way to get things done on the web."

Center: "Try the browser recommended b y Microsoft to make the most of Windows 10."

I've read some how to's on the web that say disable "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions" in Notification and actions. I've actually turned of all the notifications I could in this screen and still these messages show up.

How do I disable these Edge messages?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/saltyhasp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/saltyhasp, Nov 8, 2019
  2. BraveSoul Win User

how to disable login screen in windows 7

how to disable the sometimes annoying login screen
    read below

BraveSoul, Nov 8, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 8, 2019
  4. How to disable Edge recommended notifications on Login Screen?

Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Edge recommended notifications on Login Screen?

1. How to disable Edge recommended notifications on Login Screen? - Similar Threads - disable Edge recommended

2. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  3. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  4. Disable "Can't Update Microsoft Edge" Notification in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable "Can't Update Microsoft Edge" Notification in Edge Browser: I am using Edge on a TV as a display for an offline server in full screen mode.After booting up the PC that is connected to the TV I load Edge and navigate to the local web page for my personal display.After about 20-30mins a notification/popup appears in the top right of the...
  5. How to disable the Use Recommended Browser Settings prompt in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the Use Recommended Browser Settings prompt in Microsoft Edge: This post will show you how you can disable the Use recommended browser settings prompt on your Edge browser. Microsoft has started prompting “Use Microsoft recommended browser settings” in the Edge Chromium that seems the company is now urging or pushing users to use Edge as...
  6. How to disable the pre-login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable the pre-login screen?: I want to disable the pre-login screen, the screen that appears "before" entering your password. I think it is a waste of time to click away that screen every single time. Please note that I am talking about the useless screen displaying an image before the screen you type in...
  7. How to DISABLE notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to DISABLE notifications: Good Morning guys, I really am tired of the notifications on the right side of the screen, and there ALWAYS being new ones, for everything, and I want them gone........how do I disable them PERMANENTLY ? 145675
  8. Disabling "Edge Recommended" Notifications on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling "Edge Recommended" Notifications on Login Screen: I'm setting up a new Windows 10 system that will not use Edge as it's default browser. I was able to do this except that on the login screen I get two notifications: Upper Left: "Microsoft Edge is a fast and secure way to get things done on the web." Center: "Try the...
  9. How to Disable Try Edge and other Microsoft Edge Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Try Edge and other Microsoft Edge Notifications: I`m trying to solve " ""I`m trying to solve " ""How to Disable Try Edge and other Help Microsoft Notifications"", but Get tips and tricks are already disabled and they still take over my Firefox browser. At times Windows help will appear when i start the computer and a push...
  10. EDGE: How to disable the "Press F11 to leave...." notification?

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE: How to disable the "Press F11 to leave...." notification?: When entering the "full-screen mode" via F11, an annoying notification pops up at the bottom of the browser window every time. [img] And yes, meanwhile I know how to leave the full screen mode, so any chance to disable this useless ****? 104800