Windows 10: How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

Discus and support How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Safes, May 15, 2022.

1. Safes Win User

How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search menu a third or fourth time. How do I permanently stop the advertisement of edge in my search menu?Regards.

:)

Safes, May 15, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, May 15, 2022
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Jay Jap Win User

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, May 15, 2022
Thema:

1. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu - Similar Threads - disable edge suggestion

2. How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10: I used to be able to disable microsoft edge when you click on it from the start menu and no pop-up browser will appear. Basically, I did it by renaming my Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe directory in my C:\Windows\SystemApps. Now after I upgraded my OS to windows 10...
  3. How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10: I used to be able to disable microsoft edge when you click on it from the start menu and no pop-up browser will appear. Basically, I did it by renaming my Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe directory in my C:\Windows\SystemApps. Now after I upgraded my OS to windows 10...
  4. How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  6. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  7. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  8. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  9. suggestions are not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    suggestions are not showing in start menu: when I turn on show suggestions occasionally on start it is not working please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suggestions-are-not-showing-in-start-menu/f493826c-0e30-4604-ba93-956eb187144a
  10. Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled: As stated in the title. I have "Show Suggestions" disabled under Personalization, but got another start menu ad for Edge today on my start menu. Unfortunately I X'd out the ad before digging farther into this, but I'm pretty pissed off. Yes, it's a small issue--but I...