Windows 10: How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

Discus and support How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacoui, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Jacoui Win User

How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all sub-processes of google chrome and I believe that is the reason for the drop in performance.I am able to disable efficiency mode for each individual sub-process, but it returns a few minutes later. I cannot permanently disable it.Simple actions such as changing a tab or moving the window causes it to freeze for several minutes. - I have no recent or current updates to install. Everything is up to date. - There are no other de

:)

Jacoui, Mar 29, 2023
  2. kevinTOC Win User

Cannot disable efficiency mode on Firefox.

I cannot disable efficiency mode for firefox.

How do I permanently disable this feature for Firefox? The option to do so is greyed out in the task manager. For other programs, efficiency mode can be enabled and disabled, but not for Firefox, which is also the only program to be in efficiency mode. I do not want my browser to run unnecessarily poorly.

kevinTOC, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Zipolater Win User
    Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?

I'm just wondering if there's a way to turn on Windows 11's new efficiency mode for a process which doesn't involve using the task manager. A bunch of programs tend to have like many sub processes (for example; steam, firefox) and having to right click and enable efficiency mode on each one is a pain.

If there was some command line utility which allows me to like enable efficiency mode on like every one of firefox's subprocesses for example, that would be much nicer than using the task manager. Or if there was some kind of utility to automate the process or maybe some way to make a program always start in efficiency mode, that would be awesome.

Zipolater, Mar 29, 2023
  4. KMH11_212 Win User

How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

How do you turn off efficiency mode for Edge in windows 11?

I have noticed my edge is really laggy now. Sometimes I open a new tab and it's just stuck loading forever. But if I close it and try and so the same thing but in a current tab it works fine. I noticed the efficiency mode symbol in task manager but I can't turn it off. When I click on it all the efficiency mode options are greyed out. How do I turn it off?

KMH11_212, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

1. How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like... - Similar Threads - disable efficiency mode

2. Efficiency mode in broswers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Efficiency mode in broswers: Hey everyone.-Windows keeping turning on efficiency mode on my browsers when i use another application or a game, this happens to all browsers chrome , edge , firefox , opera . thus causing videos to lag badly.-I tried to disable them manually but once i use an application...
  3. Efficiency mode in broswers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency mode in broswers: Hey everyone.-Windows keeping turning on efficiency mode on my browsers when i use another application or a game, this happens to all browsers chrome , edge , firefox , opera . thus causing videos to lag badly.-I tried to disable them manually but once i use an application...
  4. How to disable efficiency mode permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable efficiency mode permanently?: Over the past few days, I have been experiencing issues with both Chrome and Edge. They automatically stop working, leaving me unable to perform any tasks on these browsers. This problem often occurs when I am working on something important, causing a great deal of...
  5. How to disable efficiency mode permanently?

How to disable efficiency mode permanently?: Over the past few days, I have been experiencing issues with both Chrome and Edge. They automatically stop working, leaving me unable to perform any tasks on these browsers. This problem often occurs when I am working on something important, causing a great deal of...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?: New system"Efficiency Mode" to OFFSettings to maximize performance.Opened Edge with 9 tabs, used for 15 minutes every tab19 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Types question30 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Windows STOPPEDUnable to change tabs or programs The anti...
  7. How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?

How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?: New system"Efficiency Mode" to OFFSettings to maximize performance.Opened Edge with 9 tabs, used for 15 minutes every tab19 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Types question30 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Windows STOPPEDUnable to change tabs or programs The anti...
  8. How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...: Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all sub-processes of google chrome and I believe that is the reason for the drop in performance.I am able to disable efficiency mode...
  9. Cannot disable efficiency mode on Firefox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable efficiency mode on Firefox.: I cannot disable efficiency mode for firefox.How do I permanently disable this feature for Firefox? The option to do so is greyed out in the task manager. For other programs, efficiency mode can be enabled and disabled, but not for Firefox, which is also the only program to...
  10. Cannot disable efficiency mode on Firefox.

Cannot disable efficiency mode on Firefox.: I cannot disable efficiency mode for firefox.How do I permanently disable this feature for Firefox? The option to do so is greyed out in the task manager. For other programs, efficiency mode can be enabled and disabled, but not for Firefox, which is also the only program to...