Windows 10: How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909

Discus and support How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, our default app for Windows 10 pro Build 1909 users is Outlook 2013, and we have a cloud proxy in place to block users from Web based email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dinoflondon, Feb 9, 2020.

1. How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909

Hi all, our default app for Windows 10 pro Build 1909 users is Outlook 2013, and we have a cloud proxy in place to block users from Web based email cloud solutions like Yahoo, Gmail etc using the browsers.

How do I disable the Windows Email & Accounts app to stop users from setting up their accounts and connecting to a third party email solution like Gmail, Yahoo etc.

I've tried using the various Get AppxPacakge | provisioned powershell uninstall commands, but they do not appear to be working. Even though the MS Windows Communication app seems to have gone from the list, users are still able to lunch the email & accounts app to setup their accounts and connect to their mail boxes.

is there a registry key I can modify to disable complete access to the app on Windows 10 pro.

:)

dinoflondon, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

User account now has wrong microsoft email tied to it

Hello vexorg, How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909 :)

You might check using step 3 in Option Two of the tutorial below to see if your son's email is listed under your "Email & app accounts". If so, deleting it will remove it.

*Arrow Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 9, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909

1. How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909 - Similar Threads - disable Email account

2. Windows 10 Pro 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1909: Trying to add to the already numerous reports about onboard audio issues when trying to link to any kind of webcam/streaming/screen capturing app. Also, I see people are extremely frustrated with Windows and justifiably so. Some are even considering ditching Windows for...
  3. Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing username for an email account in Windows 10 email app: I need to change my username -- not password -- on an email account in Windows 10 Email app. The manage or fix option allows only a password change -- the account username is grayed out and can't be change. I don't want to delete and then restart the account with a new...
  4. Windows 10 Pro 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 1909: Hi, Since the update of 14.04.2020, in my windows 10pro, i got flashing icons all over the place, and explorer.exe with 40 to 60% of use. No virus or malware was found in the system. All windows updates done. Graphics driver updated. I've read to delete IconCache.db,...
  5. Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909

Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909: Using the Group Policy Editor, the options under "User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Control Panel >> Personalization" do not include Do not display the lock screen. This option does not appear under "All Settings" either. Is going the regedit route the only...
  6. Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps: I do not use the Windows 10 email app as I use yahoo and zoho accounts but when I click on an email in a website I cannot send them an email as Windows 10 directs me to their app only and the only option I have is to cancel . Can anyone tell me how to get around this. It is...
  7. How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use an email account in the Mail app, you can remove it from there. You can follow this step […] This post How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to remove account from email and app accounts

How to remove account from email and app accounts: Hi, One of my users ticked the option: "allow my organization to manage my device" when she logged on to her Office365 account in Office2019. The problem is, she can no longer log into her office programs. It only asks for an emailadress, but never a password (because of...
  9. How to delete a blocked "app and email account" from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete a blocked "app and email account" from Windows 10: I was working for a customer and for that particular customer I had an "App and Email account". The assignment is over and the account is blocked. Now I want to remove it from Windows 10, but when I press the manage button I can't login (because the account is blocked) and...
  10. Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10: Is there a way to prevent people from adding any email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10? I found the option in GPEdit Local -> Computer Config -> Windows Settings -> Security Options -> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts I set it to Users can't add Microsoft accounts,...