Windows 10: How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?

Discus and support How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, I regularly (multiple times daily) have to disable and re-enable my wi-fi adapter from the Device Manager. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/issmortor, Jan 20, 2021.

1. How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?

Long story short, I regularly (multiple times daily) have to disable and re-enable my wi-fi adapter from the Device Manager.

Is there a way to create a batch file or macro to be able to click one icon/shortcut to run these 10 or so clicks automatically?

The closest I was able to find from searching were these commands for a batch file (edited for wi-fi vs. local). But as far as I can tell, that doesn't actually accomplish what I need done in the Device Manager.

I did also find some more confusing info regarding devcon.exe (which redirected with a "Please use the PnPUtil tool instead of DevCon" message). I saw what looked like relevant commands, but it got a bit too intimidating to try without specifically inquiring first.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/issmortor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/issmortor, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Barman58 Win User

How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?

Creating macros

To use the included feature in windows, create your macro and save it to be used later, (this should be listed in the macro software), next create a standard shortcut to work with the saved macro - Right click on desktop and new then shortcut, enter the code to run the macro in the Target box, and then click on the Shortcut Key box and press the CTRL and or Alt, and or Shift and a Letter key together to create an entry which will be assigned to start the macro when pressed- Repeat this for other macros as needed

How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro? [​IMG]

Barman58, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?

1. How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro? - Similar Threads - disable enable Device

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?: Hi,I need to frequently change my desktop PC display configuration. My monitors themselves don't get plugged/unplugged frequently, but I often want to disable some of them.Right now I just go to the settings menu below and change it manually.I would like a one-click solution...
  4. How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a desktop shortcut to enable or disable a specific display ?: Hi,I need to frequently change my desktop PC display configuration. My monitors themselves don't get plugged/unplugged frequently, but I often want to disable some of them.Right now I just go to the settings menu below and change it manually.I would like a one-click solution...
  5. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  6. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  7. How To Create A Shortcut to Quickly Enable/Disable The Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How To Create A Shortcut to Quickly Enable/Disable The Microphone: On Windows 10 Home, Any idea's Please? Thanks 182958
  8. How to Enable Macros in Microsoft Office?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Enable Macros in Microsoft Office?: Hi I cannot enable macros on a word document. I have changed the macros setting, but nothing changed. Should I change the security setting on my computer? If so, please instruct how to do that. [Original Title: Macros]...
  9. Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro: W10 and Excel. I have several macros in my personal.xls all activated from a customized ribbon or Quick Access. I would like to add a KB shortcut to 2 of them. I know I should have done that when I created them but I did not realize then how helpful it would have been My bad...
  10. Shortcut to enable/disable network (wired)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to enable/disable network (wired): Sorry if I missed it but it seems there is none posted under Shortcuts nor Internet & Network. I've tried searching for a solution but found no proper for Win10. There was at least one working in Win7 but it seems to have changed in Win10. I'm not looking for Wireless or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Desktop shortcut for disabling and enabling devices driver Windows

2. disable display adaptor shortcut