Windows 10: how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell

Discus and support how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my ethernet keeps turning off then back on randomly and my wifi is fine and i have tested the cables and everything and they work fine.I saw somewhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rj_226, Jan 3, 2021.

1. rj_226 Win User

how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell

my ethernet keeps turning off then back on randomly and my wifi is fine and i have tested the cables and everything and they work fine.I saw somewhere that you can turn off energy efficient which could fix it. But in my network adapters there isnt a power management tab and everything i do in registry editor doesn't work so i was wondering if there was a way to disable energy efficient ethernet through PowerShell

:)

rj_226, Jan 3, 2021
  2. WilliamDz Win User

Ethernet Identifying/Disconnecting Every Few Seconds

Also, from the advanced properties for the device, see if you can toggle the following settings:

Auto Disable Gigabit - Disable

Green Ethernet - Disable

Energy Efficient Ethernet - Disable

And under power management uncheck option to allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

WilliamDz, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Ethernet Connection Disconnects Randomly

I'm using a wired connection to my laptop and it disconnects randomly from about every 30 minutes to every 2 hours. I've already tested with different ethernet cables so that isn't the problem.

My computer is on Windows 10 and using the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

I've already tried updating the driver to the newest one on the Realtek website, and reverting to old ones. I have also tried disabling Green Ethernet, Energy Efficient Ethernet, changing the setting of Auto-disable Gigabit, and unchecking "turn off this
    device to save power"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fluffycrater, Jan 3, 2021
  4. how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell

Recurring Ethernet connection issues

Win + X> Device management> network adapters, select select your ethernet network adapter in use, click on the Power Management tab, clear the checkbox: Allow the computer to turn off the device to save energy.
    Click on the Advanced tab, disable any option related to energy saving, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), Green Ethernet etc.

If the problem persists, visit the network adapter manufacturer's website, download and install the latest version of the driver available.
    If the network adapter is integrated into the motherboard, download the updated driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

franco d'esaro, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell

1. how to disable energy efficient ethernet through powershell - Similar Threads - disable energy efficient

2. Windows 11 keeps changing powermode to 'Best energy efficiency'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps changing powermode to 'Best energy efficiency': I have a new DELL laptop with Windows 11 and it's driving me crazy. I use heavy software and I notice a big difference when I switch the powermode to 'High performance'. However, I have switched like 20 times and it keeps changing back to energy saving, making things terribly...
  3. How to disable efficiency mode permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable efficiency mode permanently?: Over the past few days, I have been experiencing issues with both Chrome and Edge. They automatically stop working, leaving me unable to perform any tasks on these browsers. This problem often occurs when I am working on something important, causing a great deal of...
  4. How to disable efficiency mode permanently?

How to disable efficiency mode permanently?: Over the past few days, I have been experiencing issues with both Chrome and Edge. They automatically stop working, leaving me unable to perform any tasks on these browsers. This problem often occurs when I am working on something important, causing a great deal of...
  5. Windows update and energy efficiency

Windows update and energy efficiency: Okay here we go, greetings.I don't know where to start, I can't express how displeased I'm with windows services in general. Do you understand what energy efficiency mean, Microsoft?! Is this some kind of marketing strategy?! Let me tell you what a mobile computer a.k.a....
  6. Windows update and energy efficiency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update and energy efficiency: Okay here we go, greetings.I don't know where to start, I can't express how displeased I'm with windows services in general. Do you understand what energy efficiency mean, Microsoft?! Is this some kind of marketing strategy?! Let me tell you what a mobile computer a.k.a....
  7. I carried out an energy efficiency report on my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I carried out an energy efficiency report on my system: Hello Sir/Madam,I have carried out a performance check using command prompt and got the following results. 5 Errors 14 Warnings 31 Informational Please, I kindly ask your good help in resolving these problems affecting the performance of my computer. For example the CAPS...
  8. Reduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reduced Laptop Performance due to energy efficiency issues: I have a DV6 Hp Pavillion laptop, which was working perfectly up until a few days back. Even though it is a little old, because of my 8GB RAM , 2Gb ATI Radeon and i7 Sandy Bridge it was functioning efficiently until now. I replaced my battery and charger a year back. The...
  9. Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem: How to: Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem How to Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for a Modem [img] Information During periods of low data activity, Energy Efficient Ethernet (802.3az EEE) allows for less power consumption by 50% or more...
  10. how to disable powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable powershell: I unticked it in windows features, but if I type "powershell" in search box, I get two versions of it, and they both execute. So how do I disable this thing? While we are at it, how can I disable other exploitable processes that the standard Windows user doesn't need?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpo energy efficient ethernet