Windows 10: How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with...

Discus and support How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I open a folder with bunch of `.ts` files for me it's TypeScript files, not translations for video in explorer, it tries to switch from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evgeniy Timokhov, Sep 8, 2020.

1. How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with...

Every time I open a folder with bunch of `.ts` files for me it's TypeScript files, not translations for video in explorer, it tries to switch from table view to "large thumbnails" view what takes several seconds not joke, really - see gif below to rebuild something and switch. I don't want to treat .ts files as video-related ones, how I can disable it?

How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with... f6b4ef99-74d8-4c2e-bfc2-0a43bea3d4c4?upload=true.gif

:)

Evgeniy Timokhov, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Jen.Q Win User

How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with...

Why are thumbnails no longer visible?

Hi

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an Independent Advisor.

Here are some steps you can check.

1. Make sure that the right view mode is turned on

> In Windows 10 File Explorer, open the target folder

> Click on View and click one option: Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Titles or Content. All these views support thumbnail previews, so you can choose one view to turn on thumbnail view.

2. Check If Thumbnails Are Disabled

> Press Windows Key + S and enter folder options. Select File Explorer Options from the menu.

> Switch to the View tab and ensure the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option is unchecked.

> Switch to the View tab and ensure the Always show icons, never thumbnails option is unchecked.

Even if this option is disabled, try to enable it and save changes. Now, wait for a minute or two, disable it again and save changes. After doing that check if the problem still appears.

3. Restore File Explorer Options to default

> Open File Explorer Options by searching it in the search bar.

> Go to View and click the Restore Defaults button.

> Click Apply and OK.

4. Clear Thumbnails Cache

Thumbnails use thumbnail cache. You can’t see picture thumbnails in Windows 10 if the cache is corrupted. You can reset the thumbnail cache by following these steps:

> In File Explorer, right-click on C drive to choose Properties.

> Click on Disk Cleanup.

> In the pop-up window, check Thumbnails from the list and click on OK.

Please let me know how it goes.

Jen.Q, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with...

1. How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with... - Similar Threads - disable explorer switch

2. Unable to view thumbnails in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view thumbnails in Windows Explorer: I am totally unable to view thumbnails in Windows 11 Explorer. I can't tell what the photos are because they don't show up in the preview screen either. How can I fix that?...
  3. Unable to view thumbnails in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view thumbnails in Windows Explorer: I am totally unable to view thumbnails in Windows 11 Explorer. I can't tell what the photos are because they don't show up in the preview screen either. How can I fix that?...
  4. Disable automatic folder switching when navigating the file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable automatic folder switching when navigating the file explorer: Clicking on the '3D Prints' folder now switches to that file directory located in my D driveHow do I turn this off? I find that I still want my quick access to visible and not have to scroll up in the file hierarchy to see it again....
  5. Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings: I have tried all recommended ways of disabling this feature, which prevents user from setting each folder to the desired view so that Windows 10 can remember it upon closing folder or restarting system. This Includes all registry tweaks suggested. Nothing seems to work....
  6. Thumbnails not showing in folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing in folder view: My canon cr2 images are not showing at thumbnails though jpgs do show up. I have just switched to a different camera. The CR2 files used to show previously but these are larger 2m mb images. Do I need to somehow allocate more memory? 164984
  7. Thumbnail view in Windows 10 Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail view in Windows 10 Explorer?: Hello, I would very much like to see my files in Winwows Explorer in a thumbnail view instead of the PDF/Word symbol. This works for images and Open Document documents and is displayed to me, but not for Word and PDF files. In Word I have set that the thumbnails are...
  8. View Large Icons in File Explorer

View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...
  9. How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?: I have a folder which contains subfolders. The subfolders contain videos. I'd like to see thumbnails of all the videos in the subfolders without having to go into each one. Is there a way to do that? 94661
  10. All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??

in Windows 10 Support
    All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??: Let me correct that subject line a bit. It happens in almost all Sub Folders. For example, This PC is an odd one. Sometimes it's in thumbnail view, other times it's in detail view. I suppose that depends on how you start This PC. This started about 3 weeks ago. I've been so...