Windows 10: How to disable F12 secure boot

Discus and support How to disable F12 secure boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to press F12 when I boot my computer, and it run out secure boot like this [IMG] how can I go back to Normal boot mode My spec [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KennethChoHK, Apr 18, 2021.

1. How to disable F12 secure boot

Hello, I tried to press F12 when I boot my computer, and it run out secure boot like this

How to disable F12 secure boot [​IMG]

how can I go back to Normal boot mode

My spec

How to disable F12 secure boot [​IMG]

:)

KennethChoHK, Apr 18, 2021

2. Disable F12 Developer Tools

F12 Developer tools has made my internet browser (all) unusable. Entering data is one key at a time interspersed with closing the DT. I have the Home Edition of Windows 10 and have all the updates, tried opening IE, going to gears and F12 DT is listed
    but there is no way to UNCHECK it as was suggested in an earlier blog. Please tell me how to get rid of the F12 Developer tools or at least disable. I am writing this on my MAC because the F12 DT kept popping up when I tried to input this on my Windows 10
    desktop. HELP

DarleneAlexander_994, Apr 18, 2021
  3. ConnorXS Win User
    Cannot Disable Secure Boot

In BIOS, there is an option to disable/enable Secure Boot.

Whenever I disable it then go to boot windows, it tries and fails to boot about 5 times, then goes to a windows screen saying something along the lines of 'Cannot load windows, restart or troubleshoot'.

Troubleshooting does not work, nor does restarting.

When I switch from UEFI to Legacy in boot list options, it simply says that there was no OS detected.

Is there a tool or something that I can use to disable it instead?

TL;DR: Cannot Disable Secure Boot because if I do I cannot boot to windows.

ConnorXS, Apr 18, 2021
  4. maranna Win User

How to disable F12 secure boot

disabling secure boot

Hello
    These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming Plus Wifi.
    Their directions below did not disable secure boot either. If you have any ideas I would appreciate them. The builder said he felt enabling CSM as Asus did should have disabled secure boot too.

>>BIOS -> Boot -> CSM (Compatibility Support Module) -> Launch CSM -> Enabled

1. Boot mode -> UEFI and Legacy
    2. Boot from Network -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    3. Boot from Storage -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    4. Boot from PCIE/PCI -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    5. Go back to Boot -> Secure Boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI Mode (Windows 10/8.1/8) and Other OS (for Windows 7)<<

maranna, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

How to disable F12 secure boot

1. How to disable F12 secure boot - Similar Threads - disable F12 secure

2. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable secure boot: Cant edit the secure boot option. Have changed admin and hdd password and tried to turn off fast boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot/0c2317d4-45c3-469f-8204-cc25a3efb475
  3. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable secure boot: Cant edit the secure boot option. Have changed admin and hdd password and tried to turn off fast boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot/0c2317d4-45c3-469f-8204-cc25a3efb475
  4. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Secure Boot: I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code for verification. It was a seven number code but none of the number pads work . I use the number pad and get nothing or use...
  6. How to disable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable secure boot: While setting up my new desktop, I did not setup a password since setup asked for MSN account password. Windows update later installed the latest version of windows. When the computer restarted, it recognizes me but wants a pin or password--which I don't have. It doesn't go...
  7. can't disable ctrl alt f12

can't disable ctrl alt f12: I went to go take a screenshot on my computer and instead of pressing ctrl+alt+print screen, I accidentally pressed ctrl+alt+f12. I was in game and usually I can't move my mouse between my two monitors unless I minimize the game but when i pressed the f12 key I was able to...
  8. disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable secure boot: need information on how to disable the secure boot feature so I can use the my computer in other platforms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-secure-boot/a333c194-8336-497b-b4f4-4832cb49b93f
  9. How to Disable Secure Boot in BIOS configuration..

How to Disable Secure Boot in BIOS configuration..: How.... please Describe............ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot-in-bios-configuration/08c69b27-d1e8-4c19-aa10-b7e521c05a9c
  10. disabling secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disabling secure boot: Hello These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming...