Windows 10: How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer is the ultimate tool for browsing files on storage on a Windows 10 computer. It provides a great sense of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10 :p

Frick, Jun 12, 2019
  4. How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

1. How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable File Grouping

2. How to disable file groups in Open dialogs in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable file groups in Open dialogs in Windows: The next Windows 10 version may group files automatically in open dialogs. When you use the open option to load files in Windows 10 version 1809 or earlier currently, e.g. to open an image in an image editor or an archive, you get a single list of files sorted by recency....
  3. How to Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer is pretty responsive and carries a lot of features. It allows a ton of customizations either by changing Settings or changing the value of a Registry key or Group Policy modification. Today, we are going to [...] This post How to Enable or...
  4. How to enable or disable Numerical Sorting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Numerical Sorting in File Explorer: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer is the near-perfect example of how a File Management software should be. I know many people are demanding for a UWP or Universal Windows Platform version of the same, but actually, the Windows Classic app for [...] This post How to enable...
  5. Prevent Explorer grouping folders and files separately

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Explorer grouping folders and files separately: Hi, There are lots of forum posts about people wanting to have folders always on top. I have the opposite problem: I DON'T want folders on top. If I arrange a directory by Name, Date modified, Type, Size etc. then the folders are always kept together - I don't want this. If...
  6. disable autosort (autoarrange) in windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable autosort (autoarrange) in windows 10 file explorer: In windows explorer in XP I could arrange music files in a folder by dragging and dropping them to the desired spot. Is there a way to do that with file explorer in windows 10? 14426
  7. Can File Explorer be Disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can File Explorer be Disabled?: We use q-dir for everything, but there are some things that insist on opening File Explorer instead. An example is that my wife has a few shortcuts on her desktop to folders. If the shortcut is to a file like Excel, it will open Excel as expected. However, if the shortcut is...
  8. All files grouped under 'Desktop' in 'File Explorer'. How to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    All files grouped under 'Desktop' in 'File Explorer'. How to change?: Hello kind strangers on the web! I have made an account specifically for this problem that I am having, and as this is my first time posting here I hope I'm doing this right! I have recently upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and whilst using Windows 7, I was used to...
  9. Image files grouped as PHOTOS how to disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Image files grouped as PHOTOS how to disable?: Updated to the creators update and, noticed that most image files are grouped into one big Photos category, does anyone know how to disable this? I prefer having all my files be separated by their extension than as one big category. 83802
  10. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...