Windows 10: How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

Discus and support How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10: https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png How do I disable this? I have no Corsair hardware (though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aaronth07, Aug 9, 2020.

1. How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10:

https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png

How do I disable this? I have no Corsair hardware (though I did, if it matters, but nothing Corsair is currently connected to my computer), and Corsair's VBus driver has bricked my computer into a boot loop multiple times before, and I have to remove it using command prompt through recovery to even start my computer. It also prevents updates from installing. I have specifically uninstalled this driver so that I can properly update my computer, yet it keeps getting installed every time.

Please, someone help. I just need to know how to disable this from getting installed through Windows Update.

submitted by /u/aaronth07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aaronth07, Aug 9, 2020
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 9, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

Welcome to the Windows 10 driver hell I've talked about before Win10 got released. Forcing drivers down users throats is a VERY BAD idea. But I guess Microsoft just never learns freaking anything.

Only install driver the first time when WIndows is installed if they absolutely have to but then stop harassing the user with it. Damn MS.

RejZoR, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

1. How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates? - Similar Threads - disable forced driver

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...: I am using an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT. It works fine when I am running an older version of the driver. I was annoyed that Windows Update always automatically update my GPU driver after I have downgraded, and I want to stop Windows Update from updating my GPU driver because it...
  5. How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...

How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...: I am using an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT. It works fine when I am running an older version of the driver. I was annoyed that Windows Update always automatically update my GPU driver after I have downgraded, and I want to stop Windows Update from updating my GPU driver because it...
  6. Windows Update forcing driver install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  7. Windows Update forcing driver install.

Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  8. How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?: Hi, Is there any way to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates from installing and only keep "Security only" updates ? This so called "Feature updates" are joke and introduce more and more bugs rather than fixes. Thanks submitted by /u/Green_Carnage [link]...
  9. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903: So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution None of the options described here are...
  10. Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?: For me, one of the most annoying features of Windows 10 is the forced updates - unlike previous operating systems, you can't review the list of updates, and decide which ones you want to install. I've had driver updates through WU (Windows 7) screw up my machines before, and...