Windows 10: how to disable geolocation

Discus and support how to disable geolocation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018.

1. how to disable geolocation

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language changes from English to German to Spanish , etc.. How can I fully cancel location services?

:)

martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018
  2. treveden Win User

Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

Thank You BmxJumper, brilliant fixed the geolocation error for me. Cortana works again and I am able to use the settings option that were "greyed out" Happy new Year ! trev

treveden, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

I also found this information about Windows 10 geolocation service:

"

Geolocation

After disabling the Geolocation Service by changing startup type to Disabled, attempts to re-enable it will fail with an error message. As the Geolocation Service can no longer be started, Geolocation will
    remain disabled on the device and prevent location based functionality from working. To work around this issue, manually delete the following regkey using regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\TriggerInfo\3.

"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn764773.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

bmxjumperc, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

how to disable geolocation

Geolocation Services

Hi Paola,

I have tried that. The Change button does not work. The Geolocation services is disabled in Services.MSC. and cannot be restarted.

Jeffrey57, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

how to disable geolocation

1. how to disable geolocation - Similar Threads - disable geolocation

2. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  3. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  4. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  5. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  6. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  7. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  8. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  9. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  10. msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc)

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc): I must edit this post because of an important thing: I could run windows 10 home in safe mode, using shift key, hold while clicking on restart. Then i click on Parameters, and selected 4 or 5 to boot in safe mode. If i use msconfig in normal boot mode, and i disable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. technet dn764773

2. dn764773.aspx