Windows 10: how to disable geolocation

Discus and support how to disable geolocation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018.

1. how to disable geolocation

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language changes from English to German to Spanish , etc.. How can I fully cancel location services?

:)

martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018
  2. treveden Win User

Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

Thank You BmxJumper, brilliant fixed the geolocation error for me. Cortana works again and I am able to use the settings option that were "greyed out" Happy new Year ! trev

treveden, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

I also found this information about Windows 10 geolocation service:

"

Geolocation

After disabling the Geolocation Service by changing startup type to Disabled, attempts to re-enable it will fail with an error message. As the Geolocation Service can no longer be started, Geolocation will
    remain disabled on the device and prevent location based functionality from working. To work around this issue, manually delete the following regkey using regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\TriggerInfo\3.

"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn764773.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

bmxjumperc, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

how to disable geolocation

Geolocation Services

Hi Paola,

I have tried that. The Change button does not work. The Geolocation services is disabled in Services.MSC. and cannot be restarted.

Jeffrey57, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

how to disable geolocation

1. how to disable geolocation - Similar Threads - disable geolocation

2. Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties: Does anybody know how to enable Startup type in Windows update properties? It disabled for no reason and I need help to make things as they use to be....
  3. [Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth: I have a work laptop and a home desktop that i share a keyboard and mouse with using a USB switch. Both are running windows 10. I can switch back and forth as many times as i want on my work laptop but when trying to use the home desktop the keyboard only works the first...
  4. Permanently disable windows update medic service & turn off updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disable windows update medic service & turn off updates: Hi~ I need a way to disable the windows updates. I hate updates & I'm really sick of having updates forced on me with all this technology. I had the update feature shut off for years. I only turned it on if I needed something vital then shut it back off. Last September,...
  5. how do i disable mouse pad when the option to disable is greyed out???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i disable mouse pad when the option to disable is greyed out???: [ATTACH] image was taken in control panel>mouse>hardware>touchpad>properties>change settings>driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-mouse-pad-when-the-option-to/cbdb86a6-9dc8-49b4-b04e-5a5297f8df5b
  6. Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

in Windows 10 News
    Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected: Cryptojacking campaign targets Linux servers that haven't had patches for known vulnerabilities applied. A form of cryptojacking malware has added the ability to disable cloud security software to help avoid detection and increase its chance of illicitly mining for...
  7. Programatically disabling "Password protected sharing"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programatically disabling "Password protected sharing": The product I'm working on relies heavily on letting an embedded device fetch some files from an anonymous share. I made an installer that preps a Windows 10 machine with all necessary modifications, creating a share, populating the share and so on. The way I disabled...
  8. How to disable Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable Windows Hello: I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN from my account I am forced to recreate it the next time that I log in. I could probably live with this nonsense, except...
  9. Windows Security Warning on Start Up - Scripting Disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security Warning on Start Up - Scripting Disabled: I removed malware and had to delete my Internet Explorer app all together so it wouldn't come back and I obviously unchecked the wrong box and disabled the scripting. How do I enable my scripting back without losing apps or any other data?...
  10. msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc)

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc): I must edit this post because of an important thing: I could run windows 10 home in safe mode, using shift key, hold while clicking on restart. Then i click on Parameters, and selected 4 or 5 to boot in safe mode. If i use msconfig in normal boot mode, and i disable...