Windows 10: how to disable geolocation

Discus and support how to disable geolocation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018.

1. how to disable geolocation

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language changes from English to German to Spanish , etc.. How can I fully cancel location services?

:)

martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018
  2. treveden Win User

Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

Thank You BmxJumper, brilliant fixed the geolocation error for me. Cortana works again and I am able to use the settings option that were "greyed out" Happy new Year ! trev

treveden, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

I also found this information about Windows 10 geolocation service:

"

Geolocation

After disabling the Geolocation Service by changing startup type to Disabled, attempts to re-enable it will fail with an error message. As the Geolocation Service can no longer be started, Geolocation will
    remain disabled on the device and prevent location based functionality from working. To work around this issue, manually delete the following regkey using regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\TriggerInfo\3.

"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn764773.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

bmxjumperc, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

how to disable geolocation

Geolocation Services

Hi Paola,

I have tried that. The Change button does not work. The Geolocation services is disabled in Services.MSC. and cannot be restarted.

Jeffrey57, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

how to disable geolocation

1. how to disable geolocation - Similar Threads - disable geolocation

2. Disabling Game Downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disabling Game Downloads: What is the best way to block games from being downloaded by a user using Windows 10 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-game-downloads/3c9ac14c-de08-4283-a754-ef997fe0635e"
  3. Disable hardware acceleration on apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable hardware acceleration on apps: I'd like to know how to disable hardware acceleration on apps like Sticky Notes & Calculator on Windows 10. I currently have hardware acceleration disabled in my browser and other software that don't require it. With Sticky Notes that often stay open for days it causes my...
  4. autorun disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun disabled: When I turn on my PC I get a semi page that reads setup autorun disabled. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun-disabled/5b165614-7dd9-4c00-9cec-1e4de0cd9d80
  5. Help setting up new computer for individual with Intellectual Disability/Autism, please!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help setting up new computer for individual with Intellectual Disability/Autism, please!: Good morning! I am setting up a new computer (still in the box) for an individual who has no Microsoft Account and cannot handle a password or PIN. The new device doesn't have biometric options (which would just be one more thing to malfunction...). I want to be able to...
  6. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  7. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard: hi..i am running windows 10 on a dell alienware...it recently automatically updated...now i lost use of my usb ports in windows..i have no mouse or keyboard usage so i cant fix this in windows.. i can use both of them in bios but i cant boot into safe mode...i tried F8 and...
  8. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?: I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features....
  9. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  10. msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc)

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc): I must edit this post because of an important thing: I could run windows 10 home in safe mode, using shift key, hold while clicking on restart. Then i click on Parameters, and selected 4 or 5 to boot in safe mode. If i use msconfig in normal boot mode, and i disable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. technet dn764773

2. dn764773.aspx