Windows 10: how to disable geolocation

Discus and support how to disable geolocation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018.

1. martinandrenegre Win User

how to disable geolocation

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 . In my settings , all location are OFF , however as I travel , my location is obviously found as the language changes from English to German to Spanish , etc.. How can I fully cancel location services?

:)

martinandrenegre, Sep 8, 2018
  2. treveden Win User

Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

Thank You BmxJumper, brilliant fixed the geolocation error for me. Cortana works again and I am able to use the settings option that were "greyed out" Happy new Year ! trev

treveden, Sep 8, 2018
  3. bmxjumperc Win User
    Windows 10: Services\Geolocation Service\ Startup Type: Disable\"Trying to Enable on 'Manual' or 'Automatic'..

I also found this information about Windows 10 geolocation service:

"

Geolocation

After disabling the Geolocation Service by changing startup type to Disabled, attempts to re-enable it will fail with an error message. As the Geolocation Service can no longer be started, Geolocation will
    remain disabled on the device and prevent location based functionality from working. To work around this issue, manually delete the following regkey using regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\TriggerInfo\3.

"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn764773.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

bmxjumperc, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

Geolocation Services

Hi Paola,

I have tried that. The Change button does not work. The Geolocation services is disabled in Services.MSC. and cannot be restarted.

Jeffrey57, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. how to disable geolocation - Similar Threads - disable geolocation

2. How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.: Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself. Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a...
  3. win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question: I ran the cmd prompt to disable windows update as it was becoming a real pain and, using up my limited bandwidth. It seems everything is working as usual and the updates have been disabled as planned. The one thing I noticed is when I run a sfc file scan, it says some files...
  4. win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 home cmd prompt to disable windows update question: I ran the cmd prompt to disable windows update as it was becoming a real pain and, using up my limited bandwidth. It seems everything is working as usual and the updates have been disabled as planned. The one thing I noticed is when I run a sfc file scan, it says some files...
  5. wireless adapter disabled at start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless adapter disabled at start up: About 50% of the time, my wireless adapter, Qualcom Atheros 956x is disabled at Windows 10 start up. Rebooting clears the problem, but sometimes I have to reboot 2 or 3 times, I am currently running the latest update to Version 1803. Does anyone know how to fix this...
  6. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable reopening programs after windows update restart: Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would just double-click them. I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio...
  7. Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View

Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View: Hello there, I have an annoying problem in latest Windows 10 1809. Since i recently moved from Windows 7 i am used to have a list view enabled for all folders, but there's a change in Windows 10 about this. Full row select is enabled for the folder/file names. As i am used...
  8. How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?

How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?: Hi all, I have 3 monitors in my setup and I am really getting annoyed how Windows 10 starts a program on the last used monitor. I sometimes turn one or more of my monitors off when I am not using them, but never my main one since it is broken. Is there any way I can...
  9. can i disable family settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i disable family settings?: how do I disable family settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-family-settings/f218a949-f7d4-4f3a-afc7-b9fb66cb7875"
  10. msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc)

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc): I must edit this post because of an important thing: I could run windows 10 home in safe mode, using shift key, hold while clicking on restart. Then i click on Parameters, and selected 4 or 5 to boot in safe mode. If i use msconfig in normal boot mode, and i disable...