Windows 10: How to disable gesture control on a Windows 10 PC

Discus and support How to disable gesture control on a Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently updated my PC with Windows 10 and I am currently encountering some issues with unwanted gestures detection by the OS. It seems like, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bennyy, Jun 24, 2020.

1. bennyy Win User

How to disable gesture control on a Windows 10 PC

I have recently updated my PC with Windows 10 and I am currently encountering some issues with unwanted gestures detection by the OS. It seems like, if I move my mouse down slowly, Windows makes a toolbar appear at the center of the screen, displaying every window I currently have open.

I have uploaded a picture of the toolbar on the link below. Is there any way to disable that event in the settings? My Windows Version number is 1903.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

:)

bennyy, Jun 24, 2020

2. Disable Flicks Gesture in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Flicks Gesture in Windows on your Edge browser. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and thanks for providing us the detail information in the post. To have a clarity on this
    issue, we need some information.

• What is the Windows version and build installed?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you have the Ink feature enabled in the PC?
    • Are you looking to disable the Flicks Gesture option completely from the PC or just for Microsoft Edge?

If you are using Ink feature option and you are in
    Windows 10, then we would suggest you to disable the
    Ink feature and check if that helps you to solve the problem.

However, we would suggest you to change the registry settings for the Flicks Gesture.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

1. Press Windows + R and type
      regedit
    2. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Pen\SysEventParameters
    3. Once you click on SysEventParameters and then on Right pane you need to click
      FlickMode and change the Hexadecimal value to
      and click Ok.
    4. Restart the PC and check if you are able to disable it.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the three-finger gesture on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below.

1. What is the exact model of the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to refer the section Navigating using multi-finger gestures and the sub-sectionNavigating within applications using Three-Finger Flick
    from the article
    HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
    to disable the Three Finger gesture.

Note: The article talks about enabling the gesture, to disable the gesture we need to make sure the box next to Three Finger gesture is unchecked.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable gesture control on a Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - disable gesture control

2. How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?: these annoying swipe gestures are destroying the ability to use Windows productively - every time I move the cursor to the right it minimizes all open windows and opens the "New Desktop" thing that I have no use for and I have to fight with it to reopen he previous window,...
  3. Disable Asus laptop gestures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Asus laptop gestures: As above. This laptop was updated from W8 to W10. I constantly send emails before they are finished, and close things I don't want to. I have tried everything I can find online. Including deleting the touchpad driver and updating it. It says it is already the latest...
  4. Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?: Hey everyone, So I have windows 10 home single language and that language is Turkish. Cortana doesn't support Turkish so I can't use it as well. A certain gesture keeps on bringing up Cortana on my pc and it is extremely frustrating since I can't close it too, it always...
  5. How disable touchpad gestures windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How disable touchpad gestures windows 10: I have an asus ux303ua. It has a FocalTech touchpad. I have a problem with the touchpad often accidentally taking a touch as a 3 finger or 4 finger gesture. I want to disable this. But there isn't an option in either windows 10 or my driver. Any suggestions on how I can...
  6. How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES

How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES: Hello, I am new to the HP family, I purchased a laptop today, its the HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 From Walmart I like the laptop so far, however, the touch pad gestures are excessively IRRITATING and I can not seem to find any option to either A Disable the Touch pad gesture...
  7. How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad: I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties. Then the instructions say "click...
  8. Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10

Disabling Touchscreen Gestures/Pinch on windows 10: Hi I have a desktop PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and I've bought a Hannspree touchscreen monitor connected via hdmi to the desktop. If I open Edge/I.E or Chrome....I can use my 5 fingers to enlarge the screen and again shrink it down again perfectly.....I want...
  9. How do I disable/customize Windows 10 Swype gestures?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable/customize Windows 10 Swype gestures?: I have an Asus X550L and it came with Asus Smart Gesture, which I've been used to for quite a while now. I really liked using the three finger horizontal swypes to navigate webpages since I use strategy guides a lot and move back and forth between pages frequently. I was kind...
  10. Disable touch gestures?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable touch gestures?: Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up. Is that possible? Thanks. 37755